IGNORED

Germany to get the Euro's in 2024

Never to the dark side

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

It was only Germany and Turkey that are bidding for it

I was aware we were not in for this one.?

I don't believe it would of been awarded to England had they bid for it anyway.

Money talks. Nobody outside England cares about the romance of it 'coming home'.

7 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Money talks. Nobody outside England cares about the romance of it 'coming home'.

The next euros is being staged all around Europe, but the later stages  and final are in England. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

The next euros is being staged all around Europe, but the later stages  and final are in England. 

I'd take that if we can reach the final. Not quite the same as hosting a WC but as close as it's likely to be for a long time.

I'd just like to see a WC hosted in England before i'm too old to care anymore!

12 minutes ago, hodge said:

To be fair when reading about everything infrastructure wise and what would need to be done to get ready Germany is a much better option than Turkey.

I went to the last Euro's in Germany ('88) and a couple of WC games there (2006) and it was superb. They covered everything, even free match day travel in 2006. It really was excellent, typical German organisation. The Germans are a great laugh too.

Good luck to them, it will be a great tournament and they need to do virtually nothing to host it given their stadia and infrastructure. 

32 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Technically it is home . The idea of the World Cup was Jules Rimet's , a French man .

17 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I went to the last Euro's in Germany ('88) and a couple of WC games there (2006) and it was superb. They covered everything, even free match day travel in 2006. It really was excellent, typical German organisation. The Germans are a great laugh too.

Good luck to them, it will be a great tournament and they need to do virtually nothing to host it given their stadia and infrastructure. 

The German's are well known for their sense of humour .

:yes:

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Technically it is home . The idea of the World Cup was Jules Rimet's , a French man .

Madame Gazred is a Frenchy. I often explain to her and the in laws that back in blighty we would prefer it if they just stuck to organising the tournaments and give the whole playing thing a miss. They are the bureaucrats of Europe after all.

I'm possibly in a minority of one here, but I'd rather go to Turkey than Germany in 2024, assuming that England qualify.

Nothing against Germany, but I'd prefer to see a tournament in a new place. And 'off the beaten track' destinations (Volgograd, Samara, Manaus, Donetsk, Coimbra) often end up being the best tournament experiences.

I went to all five England games in Germany in 2006. All very well organised, but that tournament just felt a bit too sterile and corporatized.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Yeah, Turkey has some very good stadia (and some unique ones) but most located in Istanbul I think.

It's also stuff like hotels and fan parks etc Germany just has more and they're all bigger and much more suited to a tournament 

I went in 88 and 06 and I agree with other posters - it's generally a great place to watch football. German fans are passionate and knowledgeable and, inasmuch as the see England fans as being the same, are pretty generous hosts. But I wonder why no bids from Spain or Italy? Italy in 90 still ranks as my best (with Portugal a close second), and Spain would be fantastic.  

Archived