IGNORED

Steve Bruce

Silvio Dante

1 minute ago, The Batman said:

Honestly no. Not with the financial backing, the players he inherited when he joined and the players he has brought in for the money spent.

The wages at the club must be astronomical, and that wont include the payments of the wages & loan fees of Abraham, Bolasie, Tuanzebe and Moreira.

Just one of those would put us in trouble, they have four, in addition to the huge expenditure they already have.

They're in a heap of 5h17 if they dont go up this year. Can only presume the hierarchy have decided to get a new man now, make his mark, then support them in January then hope for promotion.

11 games in though, hardly a terrible start they are 2 points off playoffs and 7 from top. 

2 minutes ago, Super said:

11 games in though, hardly a terrible start they are 2 points off playoffs and 7 from top. 

Given the shit or bust nature of this season for them, their unconvincing performances- and the fact that FFP may yet yield a points deduction this year I'd say it's a decision they had to make. Looked on social media and their atmosphere looked fairly toxic yesterday.

On the plus side, if severance pay counts towards FFP related costs, then good- it pushes them closer to failing.

1 minute ago, Super said:

True, but this is not his first season at the club. If it was then yes, i'd agree.

I've just read that they've won once in ten games in all competitions (Rotherham) and with the league starting to stretch, the club felt they needed to change to turn the fortunes around.

10 minutes ago, Super said:

Had a conversation with a Villa supporting colleague today along the same lines (i.e. what are you complaining about). The response - it might be OK for the likes of Bristol City but not for us :disapointed2se:

Dean Smith odds favourite on sky bet atm, could work in our favour potentially, if Smith left Brentford perhaps they could become less of a threat.

Standard job for Cotts joke but seriously... job for LJ? Look at the players they've got if he could get that squad playing his way I think they'd tear the league apart. I'm surprised he's not on Sky bets list. Whether he'd want to leave is another question but he's hardly done his reputation harm with his time with us.

7 minutes ago, hodge said:

Dean Smith odds favourite on sky bet atm, could work in our favour potentially, if Smith left Brentford perhaps they could become less of a threat.

Standard job for Cotts joke but seriously... job for LJ? Look at the players they've got if he could get that squad playing his way I think they'd tear the league apart. I'm surprised he's not on Sky bets list. Whether he'd want to leave is another question but he's hardly done his reputation harm with his time with us.

Surely it'll be Pep or Jose considering they're the biggest thing in tier two since Man U. 

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

Really?

Not sure LJ would be able to manage the ego's nor would he get much of a honeymoon period from the stands.

He has done OK here but not enough to be in the frame for many jobs in the top half of this league.

Same goes for Dean Smith, he wont get it.

Henry will be in the frame and the fact that John Terry turned down CSKA and has not signed for anyone may also be a clue as to what the owners are thinking.

Will be funny if their FFP reckoning comes- imagine they get on a run late in the season- then get a 10 point deduction- the payoff for Bruce will only help this likelihood.

Is Villa's squad that good? It's aging in places for a start, their goalie is a downgrade- they're playing a 34 year old Jedinak at CB FFS.  Very good in certain areas, but it strikes me as top-heavy- way some talk, it's better than Wolves last season for example?

7 outfield players aged 30 and upwards, which is getting to or past peak- that's out of 22, with a further 3 aged 29. They have some fine players but their squad looks imbalanced I'd say.

44 minutes ago, Super said:

Just me who thinks he is unlucky to get the sack?

His association with the lot down the road meant he was never going to get as long as most - infact some fans could never accept him in the first place. 

1 hour ago, Super said:

I’ve always thought him a decent solid manager but playing centre backs at right back, midfielders at cb, a centre forward and their most influential player and midfielder wide......whilst he had expensive full backs and wingers that he’s just recruited, on the bench ......you can see why

2 hours ago, hodge said:

Out of interest, if LJ was touted for the job, and got it, would you blame him for jumping ship, bailing out of the project, etc....or would you see it as ambitious young manager taking his chance at a bigger club?

3 hours ago, hodge said:

On this performance I withdraw the second half of this statement....

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest, if LJ was touted for the job, and got it, would you blame him for jumping ship, bailing out of the project, etc....or would you see it as ambitious young manager taking his chance at a bigger club?

Second part

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Yep

Firstly I’d like to see him get offered it......

Would be very revealing , a fan , part of the club blah blah blah  

If he took it , have to be honest he’d show himself finally in a true light and I’d be delighted he was gone

Stay....and I’d think fair play , extra respect, I’ll run with you for a fair bit longer even though I don’t believe  In you

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Early betting suggest John Terry, or the cabbage.

Is this a what's the difference Question, If it is I think the answer is

One lies in the ground and the other lies all the time.

On 03/10/2018 at 21:54, BobBobSuperBob said:

Firstly I’d like to see him get offered it......

Would be very revealing , a fan , part of the club blah blah blah  

If he took it , have to be honest he’d show himself finally in a true light and I’d be delighted he was gone

Stay....and I’d think fair play , extra respect, I’ll run with you for a fair bit longer even though I don’t believe  In you

Villa are 13th, so very much mid table.

No chance LJ will be offered the job - with his well known and well documented seasonal 'runs' there's just as much likelihood he'd lead them to a relegation struggle as the play offs.

Far too much of a risk for Villa - or any other club 'bigger' than City for that matter - and too much of a risk for LJ too, who must know the understanding, patience, and backing he receives from the hierarchy at AG will not be repeated elsewhere.

Swapping Bruce, with his fantastic record in the Championship - 4 promotions - for the completely unproven and inconsistent LJ would be a truly desperate move, bordering on ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Villa are 13th, so very much mid table.

No chance LJ will be offered the job - with his well known and well documented seasonal 'runs' there's just as much likelihood he'd lead them to a relegation struggle as the play offs.

Far too much of a risk for Villa - or any other club 'bigger' than City for that matter - and too much of a risk for LJ too, who must know the understanding, patience, and backing he receives from the hierarchy at AG will not be repeated elsewhere.

Swapping Bruce, with his fantastic record in the Championship - 4 promotions - for the completely unproven and inconsistent LJ would be a truly desperate move, bordering on ridiculous.

Not suggesting he’d get anywhere near it but for my reasons above I’d like to see what happened

33 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not suggesting he’d get anywhere near it but for my reasons above I’d like to see what happened

Agreed, a fascinating early season distraction.

I suspect it would get alot of publicity for a day or 2, he'd 'agonise' about it, turn them down, and quite possibly be rewarded with a contract extension and a pay rise.

A poll on here as to whether he should take it or not while he was deliberating would be particularly interesting.

Archived