IGNORED

Famara

Meh

25 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

He has been asked to last season. Yes he does not possess the skills to do so efficiently.

What you are highlighting is technical deficiency. What I highlight is that the player lacks aerobic capacity but also the psychological ability to push himself. 

Don’t recall him ever really being asked to do that other than his first 10 games or so before his injury when he was also at his best. When he started next to Reid in those, Reid was deeper and allowed Fam a bit more freedom as Bobby was receiving and turning before defenders got to close. By the time Fam returned bobby was more of an on the shoulder striker and in return Fam was asked to do more of the grunt work of occupying defenders and holding the ball up. With Weimann it is more the same. 

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Don’t recall him ever really being asked to do that other than his first 10 games or so before his injury when he was also at his best. When he started next to Reid in those, Reid was deeper and allowed Fam a bit more freedom as Bobby was receiving and turning before defenders got to close. By the time Fam returned bobby was more of an on the shoulder striker and in return Fam was asked to do more of the grunt work of occupying defenders and holding the ball up. With Weimann it is more the same. 

Yes. Famara was expected to also work east to west into channels and half spaces.  It is a feature of Lee Johnsons football. His out ball is frequently not central. Famara was used to attempt to create a platform (Mr Johnsons words) that platform worked across zones and was not solely pinning CB's. 

Quite amusing how some people’s opinions of Fammy change like the wind - having had a quick peek back at the threads about him on here in February and March this year it’s clear that lots of views are now different! My opinion of him hasn’t changed from day one - even though that has got me scolded and derided and lambasted on here - but I stayed consistent, even if I was wrong I wasn’t going to change my view just to fit in with those who shouted loudest back then - yet some of them are now seemingly in agreement with the original views of a significant number of posters who didn’t whoop with delight after first watching Fammy - it’s a funny old place on here...

12 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

Just goes to show how utterly bizarre it was to get rid of Duric, for comparative peanuts as well.

To be honest, Fammy was one I wouldn’t single out as being absolute dross. At least he put himself about for 60 minutes before he either lost interest or became knackered. 

Not jumping for Kelly’s pinpoint cross when it only needed to brush his head to go in was a Downs League moment though. 

Is that nought behind the six a typo?

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Clearly a good player being used in a way that doesn't suit him. Like I said yesterday on here, he was exceptional last season as a lone striker against Fulham. In today's game big strikers like Lukaku, Benteke, Giroud, Diedhiou, they're all best staying up top with high wingers playing off of them. How is Diedhiou supposed to come deep like he does and be effective. It isn't what he's good at. 

Spot on. Wingers off- not necessarily out and out either, different types of wingers for different games.

That said, for me it's a bit of a Plan B- would rather have say Weimann up front in a fluid 4-3-3 or Weimann and Taylor in a 3-4-1-2, but yeah the shape you describe would play to Diedhiou strengths a lot more, and would probably benefit us too.

5 hours ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Gets goals. great conversion rate. How do you think Lee Johnson could get the best out of him?

If that’s his best fitness levels and or effort any coachis limited

Don’t expect him to ‘lead a line’

Dont expect him to press

Dont expect him to hold the ball up in a traditional target man role 

Dont expect him to impose himself physically

Dont expect him to successfully integrate into tica taca football

Don’t expect him to be one of the 10 ‘busy bees’ that LJ has on a number of occasions explained is his ethos, he isn’t a busy bee and never will be .......

If you’re accepting of all that .........Tell him to get in the penalty box and get lots of service to him

How about that

Whats your solution by the way ?

Easy to ask the question......

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If that’s his best fitness levels and or effort any coachis limited

Don’t expect him to ‘lead a line’

Dont expect him to press

Dont expect him to hold the ball up in a traditional target man role 

Dont expect him to impose himself physically

Dont expect him to successfully integrate into tica taca football

Don’t expect him to be one of the 10 ‘busy bees’ that LJ has on a number of occasions explained is his ethos, he isn’t a busy bee and never will be .......

If you’re accepting of all that .........Tell him to get in the penalty box and get lots of service to him

How about that

Whats your solution by the way ?

Easy to ask the question......

Christ was asking a question and certainly got one but I asked as you are knowledgeable. No fence sitting there like it. anyways 4-3-3 two wide players would get better out of him but it may well not get better out of the team. Thinking that at present he looks more and more like a bad fit wanting to be elsewhere. 

7 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Christ was asking a question and certainly got one but I asked as you are knowledgeable. anyways 4-3-3 two wide players would get better out of him but it may well not get better out of the team. Thinking that at present he looks more and more like bad fit wanting to be elsewhere and that is drop and get rid.

( Apologies if I took your q as sarcasm which is the norm on here , as opposed to a genuine question)

Has flashes of ability

but seen enough of him now to suggest to me he doesn’t want it enough , not improved (Which I thought he would obpnce acclimatised) and hasn’t that real desire to effect a game

Often a central striker dictates the way sides play and amplifies their dna / way of playi

Famara does epitomise the way we are right now .......and not in a good way

Hes also IMHO a major factor , as he was in the latter months of last season

He damages the way we play generally

Are his goals (If and when they come) enough to justify his place ?

Not my decision but I will await somebody to explain how he fits into LJs ‘Clear Ethos’ 

I’m always waiting for the full Famara Diedhiou to arrive .......and he doesnt

He will always get some goals

but does he make us a better team

The Rotherham centre-half out-muscled Diedhiou throughout the game.

Also Diedhiou consistently failed to make a decent pass throughout the game, and his ball control is a joke (but I'm not laughing).

He may have "potential", but he clearly isn't achieving it.

Don't know how good Eisa's gonna be, but he can't be any worse that Diedhiou is at present.

Archived