IGNORED

Player ratings

And Its Smith

Just back in hotel after the game and what a frustrating one it was. Little old Rotherham have a nice ground but the quietest game I think Ive ever been to and we gave little old Rotherham a big fat chunk of respect first half. Stood off them, no urgency and no football. It took 15 minutes for our first cross attempt and 25 minutes for our first successful one...and thats with two wingers!

A midfield completely devoid of any composure and a striker with an awful touch, no pace and no guile whilst a player with all of those twiddled his thumbs on the bench.

It really was as awful as anything I have seen for a while, until Matt Taylor came on. The player who should have started changed the game. He wanted the ball, made angles for people, switched the play and gave us a tempo. Ahead of even Weimann now for me after Andi’s recent lacklustre displays.

Maenpaa 7  kept us in the game with smart saves albeit all looked pretty routine

Hunt 6 - battled hard and kept their lively best player Newell quiet

Kelly 7 - composed as ever and looked to get forward

Webster 8 - a few nervy minutes early on but after that was faultless

Baker 7 - similar to Friday. Very good display

Pack 4 - the Marlon of old in recent times and terrible tonight. No composure at all when rushed and seems a yard off the pace. Running through treacle at times

Brownhill 6 - equally as poor and rushed as Pack first half but came into the game after Taylor came on

COD 5 - once again Johnson brings him off after he gets into the game. Would like to see him on the left

Elliason 3 - another poor display. The epitome of anonymous first half. Weak, no pace, no tricks, no crosses in open play.

Diedhiou 5 - drops deep and then loses ball. Lost 90% of headers and a waste of time tonight

Weimann 4 - worst game for us and looked very annoyed to be moved around. Played four different roles tonight and poor in all of them. 

Subs

Watkins 4 - awful miss

Taylor 8 changed the game and was immense in all he did

Pato 5 - should have scored

Sunday is a big game now. The winless run rolls on

Mäenpää 7 - solid, safe, couple of good saves.

Hunt 6 - wanted to give him a 7 for his back post defending, but ultimately quite worthy 

Webster 6 - allowed Smith to get too many flicks and play off of him.  Stuck at it, and improved second half.

Baker 7 - glad he was there tonight. Solid and helped Webster

Kelly 6 - similar to Hunt really.  Not quite at his best but dud his job

O’Dowda 4 - see Fuming thread

Pack 5 - off night, possibly a 4.  Just never got into it.

Brownhill 7 - the one to try to drive us on, kept going.  Let down by others around him.

Eliasson 5 - didn’t get into the game.

Weimann 6 - bright movement but starved of service

Diedhiou 4 - didn’t like what I saw tonight, which was a lazy forwards display - see Fuming thread

Watkins 6 - added energy, should’ve scored

Taylor 7 - the difference when he came on

Paterson - not on long enough but unlucky to hit bar.

People are being way too kind to Diedhiou here imo.

2.5/10 performance for me that does not bode well for his long term future here. We're a few more results like this away from 'players i can trust' and him being dropped indefinitely.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Mäenpää 7 - solid, safe, couple of good saves.

Hunt 6 - wanted to give him a 7 for his back post defending, but ultimately quite worthy 

Webster 6 - allowed Smith to get too many flicks and play off of him.  Stuck at it, and improved second half.

Baker 7 - glad he was there tonight. Solid and helped Webster

Kelly 6 - similar to Hunt really.  Not quite at his best but dud his job

O’Dowda 4 - see Fuming thread

Pack 5 - off night, possibly a 4.  Just never got into it.

Brownhill 7 - the one to try to drive us on, kept going.  Let down by others around him.

Eliasson 5 - didn’t get into the game.

Weimann 6 - bright movement but starved of service

Diedhiou 4 - didn’t like what I saw tonight, which was a lazy forwards display - see Fuming thread

Watkins 6 - added energy, should’ve scored

Taylor 7 - the difference when he came on

Paterson - not on long enough but unlucky to hit bar.

Spot on ratings pretty much. Maenpaa should be an 8 IMO as was a clear MOM for me. It was hard for O'Dowda & Eliasson when they had hardly any touches of the ball, but nonetheless they were both very ineffective on the night. Diedhiou never seemed to recover from the decisions going against him in the first 20 minutes. 

Archived