IGNORED

Why blame the manager

bs22 red

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If I was to embark on the project that SL has and spent £50 million on the stadium alone etc  I would have wanted the very best coach I could find to follow and steer my plan sit in the most important seat in the football Club

That's the pickle, SL probably thinks LJ is the best coach ? It's difficult to argue with though as SL putting his faith into LJ when it was going shite didn't turn out so bad.. 

But that was then and this is now 

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

That's the pickle, SL probably thinks LJ is the best coach ? It's difficult to argue with though as SL putting his faith into LJ when it was going shite didn't turn out so bad.. 

But that was then and this is now 

Lost me on this Sturny - how da ya mean

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Last time I heard SL say anything he was talking about improvement, not having long runs of bad results,  and ending higher up the table. So I suppose one way or another we will find out if he's been bullshiting

Personally I don’t believe him for a minute

Think we’d have to be nigh on relegated or even relegated before he’d even consider it

8 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Last time I heard SL say anything he was talking about improvement, not having long runs of bad results,  and ending higher up the table. So I suppose one way or another we will find out if he's been bullshiting

I don't think for one second SL is troubled by our start to the season and our 5 game winless run.

His 'project' is all about getting success his 'way' which , despite his comments on the first day on the season about not 'getting any younger' is a longer term plan.

It is utterly doomed to fail, LJ or no LJ, this league is getting stronger whilst we standstill, or, in fact, get weaker.

The ultimate secenario, without a change of plan, is flirting with, or getting relegated. Might be this season, might be next, but that is what will happen.

He is a hugely successful man, and I applaud that as he is self made, but he is no football expert, and he has surrounded himself with key people happy to take the money / profile and not disagree with him - MA and LJ.

I am afraid that things may get worse very quickly - there are no leaders, no desire and no firepower in the squad - the hunger is simply not there.

#toocosy

1 minute ago, ScottishRed said:

I don't think for one second SL is troubled by our start to the season and our 5 game winless run.

His 'project' is all about getting success his 'way' which , despite his comments on the first day on the season about not 'getting any younger' is a longer term plan.

It is utterly doomed to fail, LJ or no LJ, this league is getting stronger whilst we standstill, or, in fact, get weaker.

The ultimate secenario, without a change of plan, is flirting with, or getting relegated. Might be this season, might be next, but that is what will happen.

He is a hugely successful man, and I applaud that as he is self made, but he is no football expert, and he has surrounded himself with key people happy to take the money / profile and not disagree with him - MA and LJ.

I am afraid that things may get worse very quickly - there are no leaders, no desire and no firepower in the squad - the hunger is simply not there.

#toocosy

You make some worrying points.

3 hours ago, Dylan said:

Agreed they are all proven in this league.

but I still like LJ for some reason. He seems a real balanced bloke, but whether he will take us to the next level I'm not sure.

Need to splash some cash in january

We have spent more money on incoming transfers in the last three years than we did in the one hundred years before.

Admittedly we have also recouped a significant amount.

But LJ appears to have little clue on how to recruit wisely. Three years of boom and bust are too much. We need someone who knows how to manage and coach at this level.

Being an apparent nice guy and a City fan is irrelevant. We need a good experienced manager in now otherwise it will be another wasted year.

6 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

#toocosy

Completely agree.

3 hours ago, Dylan said:

Agreed they are all proven in this league.

but I still like LJ for some reason. He seems a real balanced bloke, but whether he will take us to the next level I'm not sure.

Need to splash some cash in january

Splash more cash?  Oh please no - not until we have someone competent to spend it

30 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

#toocosy

Brilliant  post

Absolutely Nailed it in about six short paragraphs

Archived