IGNORED

Bristol City 21st in European 2nd League Attendances

myol'man

It's great to be in this division really- standard improving all the time and quite a few big clubs.

The most comparable 2nd tier to ours I've always thought is the Bundesliga II. 20-30 years ago Serie B was probably pretty good, but it's faded badly.

Both have big gates both ours and the Bundesliga II- not saying the other 2nd tiers are an abysmal standard but to me the Championship and the Bundesliga II the best- in terms of support and quality and in that order too. Thinking of doing a Bundesliga II weekend, reckon it'd be quite fun.

19 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's great to be in this division really- standard improving all the time and quite a few big clubs.

The most comparable 2nd tier to ours I've always thought is the Bundesliga II. 20-30 years ago Serie B was probably pretty good, but it's faded badly.

Both have big gates both ours and the Bundesliga II- not saying the other 2nd tiers are an abysmal standard but to me the Championship and the Bundesliga II the best- in terms of support and quality and in that order too. Thinking of doing a Bundesliga II weekend, reckon it'd be quite fun.

Lots of financial issues at clubs in Italy I think.

3 Serie B teams went bust, and now another side doesnt have a division to play in.

15 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Lots of financial issues at clubs in Italy I think.

3 Serie B teams went bust, and now another side doesnt have a division to play in.

Correct. Seems to be on the right road in Serie A at least- both on and off the pitch though.

What I find impressive about Serie A in some ways is that despite all the issues there and in Italy in general, a number of clubs there really make the most of the resources- creative scouting. South America, Eastern Europe- they know they don't have megabucks in many cases so they polish younger players or give a reboot to experienced pros who may have lost their way or motivation.

Archived