IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly

Ohbasso

22 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Whilst that is a great achievement, why is Kelly in the U20s but dasilva in the 21s? Is it because dasilva is from Chelsea so more on the radar?

Thinking about it differently, would you rather be captain of the under 20s against Italy or play 20 minutes against Andorra when the game is completely dead?  The England pathway is about giving proper experience to the better young players.  Lloyd is clearly well thought of by people running the England set up whereas I think Jay DaSilve is more peripheral..

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

That’s funny, because I just posted that on the other thread that I thought £4m rising to £10m (plus sell-on %). ?

I should qualify it though.  That’s what I think he’s worth in January.  Of course we’ve seen transfers greater than market value to secure a player.   If we are accepting offers, either it’s because 1) the offer is big enough (£4m isn’t big enough from mine or City’s point of view when you’re trying to hold onto a young talent), 2) Kelly wants to go - head turned, Southgate/Boothroyd think he needs a Prem team, etc or 3) our finances aren’t as ok as we think.

I don’t think we’d get £10m in Jan, let alone £15-20m, because I don’t think anyone would pay that at this stage.  He has made a very decent start to his first team career, but look at the other u20s for England;

England U20s: 1 Aaron Ramsdale (AFC Bournemouth), 2 Reece James (Wigan Athletic, on loan from Chelsea), 3 Tom Pearce (Leeds United), 4 Sam Field (West Bromwich Albion), 5 Easah Suliman (Emmen, on loan from Aston Villa), 6 Lloyd Kelly (capt; Bristol City) (C), 7 Eberechi Eze (Queens Park Rangers), 8 Marcus Tavernier (Middlesbrough), 9 Edward Nketiah (Arsenal), 10 Joe Willock (Arsenal), 11 Elliot Embleton (Grimsby Town, on loan from Sunderland).

Substitutes: 16 Ronaldo Vieira for Willock 62, 12 Kyle Edwards for Eze 84, 14 George Hurst for Nketiah 90.

Substitutes not used: 13 Nathan Trott (West Ham United), 15 Ben Wilmot (Watford), 17 Andre Dozzell (Ipswich Town), 22 Brandon Austin (Tottenham Hotspur).

Do you see a £15-20m transfer in January for any of them?  I don’t.  Big loan fee for Nketiah maybe.  Reece James offers more going forward than Kelly, I would put him above Lloyd.  Lloyd is ours, we love him, he is the best of the recent crop, but let’s see how many of the cream of our u20s forge Prem careers.  I wonder how many will progress into the u21s?

England U21s: 1 Dean Henderson (Sheffield United, loan from Manchester United), 2 Jonjoe Kenny (Everton), 18 Kyle Walker-Peters (Tottenham Hotspur), 4 Lewis Cook (AFC Bournemouth) (C), 5 Dael Fry (Middlesbrough), 6 Ezri Konsa (Brentford), 7 Ademola Lookman (Everton), 8 Tom Davies (Everton), 9 Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), 10 Phil Foden (Manchester City), 11 Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham).

Substitutes: 19 Reiss Nelson (Hoffenheim, loan from Arsenal) for Lookman 72, 20 Dominic Solanke (Liverpool) for Calvert-Lewin 73, 3 Jay Dalsilva (Bristol City, loan from Chelsea) for Kenny 73

Substitutes not used: 13 Angus Gunn (Southampton), 14 Josh Onomah (Sheffield Wednesday, loan from Tottenham Hotspur), 15 Jake Clarke-Salter (Vitesse Arnhem, loan from Chelsea), 23 Tammy Abraham (Aston Villa, loan from Chelsea)

I reckon it would take £10m-15m to get Ronaldo Viera from Leeds.

Quality player.

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I reckon it would take £10m-15m to get Ronaldo Viera from Leeds.

Quality player.

Are you sure you aren’t mistaking him for his brother? That Viera(he impressed at AG last season) was sold to Sampdoria for like 7-8m. His younger brother is the one currently there and not sure he has played too much yet

8 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Are you sure you aren’t mistaking him for his brother? That Viera(he impressed at AG last season) was sold to Sampdoria for like 7-8m. His younger brother is the one currently there and not sure he has played too much yet

Interesting story.

Twin brothers, Ronaldo and Romario Vieira, named after the Brazilian strikers.

Came to England from Portugal after the death of their father, worked their way up the Yorkshire Junior leagues before signing for Leeds, and have several options at international level.

Ronaldo has chosen to represent England, his twin brother, still at Leeds, their place of birth, Guinea Bissau.

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Interesting story.

Twin brothers, Ronaldo and Romario Vieira, named after the Brazilian strikers.

Came to England from Portugal after the death of their father, worked their way up the Yorkshire Junior leagues before signing for Leeds, and have several options at international level.

Ronaldo has chosen to represent England, his twin brother, still at Leeds, their place of birth, Guinea Bissau.

À similar story to our own Rougier brothers .

16 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Id like to take the face saving answer and say yes.

But I just didnt realise Ronaldo Viera had been sold.

Archived