IGNORED

Football Manager 2019

Lrrr

18 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Anyone else find O'Dowda useless in this version? I've tried a couple of different saves and can never get him going

Eliasson is great tho 

O'Dowda was my back up to Eliasson, pretty much only came on as a sub and not done much. Thing is I've loaned him out a few times since being in the prem and he's worth £3.6m atm so sitting on it atm hoping someone bids for him.

3 hours ago, Sturny said:

Anyone else find O'Dowda useless in this version? I've tried a couple of different saves and can never get him going

Eliasson is great tho 

Only got to November and he's got the best average rating and is my top goalscorer!

Started a City one on FM Touch, just been knocked out the League Cup in the third round.

Using 4-4-2 diamond narrow for gegenpress, which mean all our wingers are a bit useless.

Patterson is our only CAM, but been bringing Eliasson and O'Dowda on as subs and have them training there.

Made one signing, Karlan Grant from Charlton for about £3.5m. In 8 league matches (being as a sub) he's scored 5 and got 4 assists.

It feels like possession tactics are overpowered in this years instalment. I'm playing a 4-3-3 with emphasis on short passing, pressing, and possession with New York City and I've just suffered my first loss in twenty games.

My only issue, and it's not really an issue with the game, is player power is sky high. I signed Michael Essien on a free, and a few months later Man Utd wanted him for £400k, so he kicked off and brought the entire teams morale down. He had signed a £1m release clause less than six months ago, and he complained about me agreeing to sell for the clause he agreed.

I imagine that this is what it's like in real life, but it's really annoying when you're not a huge team.

10 hours ago, hodge said:

Anyone found the schedule can become a nightmare if you do alright in cups? I got to the league cup final and I'm in the europa league quarter final and its resulted in me having 6 games in 12 days towards the end of the season.

Yes and it always seems at that point the under 23's fixture will be the day before a match and i forget to remove my reserves from the under 23's playing squad and everyones knackered!

One for the LJ fans on here.

I'm two years in on my NYCFC save, and out of curiosity I decided to see how City are getting on. Lee Johnson left near the end of 2018 to become the new manager of Leicester City, where he's pushing for a top table finish and Europa League football. To replace LJ, we signed Marcelo Bielsa, who would be the most unlikely coach to ever manager our club. He got us to the playoffs, but after a poor run the following season he was close to the sack, before Bournemouth (in the Premier League) decided to take him on. Bristol City are now managerless, and although I don't usually apply for the City job until later on in the game I reckon I'd probably get it after two years in MLS.

Archived