IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly - England Under 21 dropped tonight

NickJ

1 minute ago, real_bristol said:

In hindsight correct decision. But what if we’d have lost or even conceded.

more importantly, can someone who watches them more than me tell me if there is room for Kelly and Da silva in the same team, with them both on the left or some other combo?

They were both in the team on saturday when Baker went off.

9 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

They were both in the team on saturday when Baker went off.

And how would you say that worked well? I watched the 2nd half via a dubious stream and dont recall us looking any more exposed than if Baker had stayed on.

Thinking about it, this makes the result seem even better than it was against Brentford who strangely already seem to be struggling under the new coach.

Perhaps we are trying to mould Kelly into a  LB/LCB type of player rather than a LWB

1 minute ago, real_bristol said:

And how would you say that worked well? I watched the 2nd half via a dubious stream and dont recall us looking any more exposed than if Baker had stayed on.

Thinking about it, this makes the result seem even better than it was against Brentford who strangely already seem to be struggling under the new coach.

Perhaps we are trying to mould Kelly into a  LB/LCB type of player rather than a LWB

I didn't see the game, but it seemed to work. I think Lloyd is projected to be a CB.

5 hours ago, red panda said:

Bad night for you??  No Lloyd Kelly, had to pay too much for your coffee, and then had to use lots and lots of plastic tubs to get all the milk you want.

You overlooked the problem I had with the referee:

4 hours ago, cityboy said:

"We as fans" aren't paying a penny for either of their wages. That credit has to go to SL.

Also, have you never heard of squad depth? Arguably our undoing over recent seasons.

Though I do have sympathy for your view on fans being priced out. Given the relatively small contribution gate receipts make to a clubs income these days, it would be nice to see cheaper tickets.

that may undoubtedly be true in the prem, in the championship gate receipts and the other sales beers coffees food etc still make up the majority of income.

1 hour ago, pillred said:

that may undoubtedly be true in the prem, in the championship gate receipts and the other sales beers coffees food etc still make up the majority of income.

Although if ticket prices were reduced, we may see a corresponding increase in attendance, and therefore more spend at the ground of drinks and food. Even at the championship, I strongly suspect gate receipts are dwarfed by other income streams

5 minutes ago, cityboy said:

Although if ticket prices were reduced, we may see a corresponding increase in attendance, and therefore more spend at the ground of drinks and food. Even at the championship, I strongly suspect gate receipts are dwarfed by other income streams

2016/7 accounts:

CCCE4CA6-C31B-41C8-AD4B-AC5BA5717EA2.thumb.png.9261749a3a15da4752470906e7ff4d87.png

9 hours ago, The Bard said:

First bit could be argued but you can't get away with the second bit.  Not playing Lloyd is going to be a detriment to our defence.  Da Silva getting caught early last night showed the difference. Lloyd is a class act.  I can see why he was rested though.  I hope he comes back in against Stoke.

Dasilva gives us more going forward but Kelly gives that assurance that his defending and physique is superior. Will be amazed if he doesn't play LB on Saturday 

20 minutes ago, cityboy said:

I was wondering what compensation sky are paying the championship teams for this red button coverage, as it's not only less people attending but all the spending they do once there.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

2016/7 accounts:

CCCE4CA6-C31B-41C8-AD4B-AC5BA5717EA2.thumb.png.9261749a3a15da4752470906e7ff4d87.png

So that averages out at £11.33 per ticket, per match.  I'd wager that if they fixed the price of every ticket sold to the same, they'd sell out every single match.  In fact let's go crazy and charge each ticket at £12.50.  Still an absolute bargain compared to prices available now, and not only that, but an income boost of £0.5m over the season, without even considering the additional concessions spend the extra people will bring with them!

Archived