IGNORED

The new Scrumpy

Buckeyed

Whoever is ‘inside’ Scrumpy is great, always involving the kids and they seem to enjoy his/her dancing and hi fives. Fair play to whoever does it, must be boiling hot at times but maybe nice and warm on days like this. He /she certainly gets involved more than some mascots I’ve seen.

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

Whoever is ‘inside’ Scrumpy is great, always involving the kids and they seem to enjoy his/her dancing and hi fives. Fair play to whoever does it, must be boiling hot at times but maybe nice and warm on days like this. He /she certainly gets involved more than some mascots I’ve seen.

What do you mean....you saying he isn’t real? ?

in the 14/15 season, this guy “Dave” used to come and sit in the wheelchair tin-shack on the back / front of the Megastore, and then he’d bugger off, then come back again later a bit later, then off he’d go again.  Took me half a season to ask Oskar’s mum who he was.  After her first reply of “that’s Dave”, she said “Dave is Scrumpy”.  It was like a Scooby Doo moment!

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

…. the rumour is that it's Sean O'Driscoll our fun loving 'ex' who's returned for shits and giggles.   Who knows? :dunno:   

31 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

Someone at Bristol sport has been on the mushrooms. Thing will be terrifying the kids 

Someone who used to work at city told me that the inside of that costume was disgusting, smelt bad as it got sweaty being so hot inside.

That was about 10 years ago he said that so it must have gotten truly revolting by now and probably needed changing to talk the poor person into getting into it every week.

53 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Someone who used to work at city told me that the inside of that costume was disgusting, smelt bad as it got sweaty being so hot inside.

That was about 10 years ago he said that so it must have gotten truly revolting by now and probably needed changing to talk the poor person into getting into it every week.   

….imagine after a Friday night of curry, a few pints of Bass, and a half eaten late night kebab (warmed up Saturday morning and finished off for breakfast) by the time the Scrumpy costume has been occupied for a while on Saturday afternoons it must be a veritable self- contained walking bio-hazard …. A major public health disaster waiting to happen should the suit ever spring a leak in a packed enclosed concourse area.  :shocking: 

Archived