IGNORED

Bristol City v Stoke City Match Day 15

2 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

Absolute rubbish!!! 

It clearly wasn’t.

First half they were on top. Second half, we were. Took a couple of great saves to give them the win.

Concerned how poorly we are in the first half, but we were not rubbish, Little unlucky, balancing maybe the balance of luck in the last two games.

2 minutes ago, Dreamkiller said:

It's really difficult to explain 'briefly'. I could probably write a book about the man and his 'football style'. Basically though the matches (in general) were deadly dull to an extreme.

He was always happy with a 0-0 and if we sneaked a goal, so be it. There are plenty of managers who adopt a safety first policy, but again, Pulis just took it to an extreme. 

We once went on a run of 21 consecutive league games where the result was either 0-0, 0-1 or 1-0. It was excrutiating. 

There's loads more I could say with examples to back up the craziness behind the negativity, but I honestly don't want to bore people or end up repeating what I've said previously. 

Let's just say I'd rather be in the Championship with just about any other manager than be existing in the Premier League with him back in charge.

Hope that give a bit of an insight. Sorry it's not a lot.

Cheers pal, I understand. I once watched 5 successive 0-0s at home under Pulis. And that was in the third tier when we had million pound players up front.

2 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

Yes. Undeserved loss. ?

we saw two completely different performances, in the 2nd half city stepped up a gear and Stoke held on. Loads of energy from Walsk, Taylor and Dasilva, well done boys.

As a few others have already said, were it not for Butland, city would have had at least a point.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Super said:

Really?

1 minute ago, Super said:

Really?

Yeah, like the last 2 games that we’ve somehow managed to win.. the brand of football we play this season is extremely boring, not value for money.. Stoke just sat back second half and hence we looked better.. god knows how this side have accrued 22 thus far... simply dreadful!!!

• Like 1

All over 0-1.

Really poor first half performance, Pato anonymous in his favourite No.10 position. COD didn't get into the game either and Kelly looked unusually off his game.

Walsh and DaSilva made a big difference, as did Taylor when belatedly bought on for Brownhill. Oddly even Pato started to play well in those last 15 mins.

Butland made two great saves, Pack missed two very good heading opportunities, at least we went down fighting.

Walsh's passing is so much more incisive and accurate than either Brownhill or Packs.

Easy to say in hindsight but had we started with Walsh, DaSilva and Taylor, instead of COD, Kelly & Pato, reckon we would have won the game.

• Like 5
Just now, Bar BS3 said:

Certainly has room for improvement, but I don’t think it’s fsir to blame everything negative on him and then fail to praise what’s positive. 

If you don’t set up your team to win at home and rather pick a team to stop the opposition then something is wrong,forget the second half when we had nothing to lose and had to go for it and looked better but that glosses over his starting tactics 

• Like 4

I can't help but get the feeling that we would have won that, had we selected the right team from the start. LJ seems to get it wrong every single week. Sometimes we get away with it, today we didn't.  It's frustrating because this is the weakest and most even division in years.. anybody could push for the playoffs but it seems unlikely to be us because our head coach just doesn't seem to know his best 11 or formation and (in my opinion) is just so limited and mediocre at his job.

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I can't help but get the feeling that we would have won that, had we selected the right team from the start. LJ seems to get it wrong every single week. Sometimes we get away with it, today we didn't.  It's frustrating because this is the weakest and most even division in years.. anybody could push for the playoffs but it seems unlikely to be us because our head coach just doesn't seem to know his best 11 or formation.

Quite agree!

35 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Walsh & DaSilve both made a big difference. Come on LJ get Pato off for Taylor and we can get something out of this.

More down to Stoke getting even more passive protecting their lead. Saying that Walsh and Dasilva played very well. As did Taylor. Patersons second half wasen't bad at all either. 

Walsh & DaSilve both made a big difference. Come on LJ get Pato off for Taylor and we can get something out of this.

More down to Stoke getting even more passive protecting their lead. Saying that Walsh and Dasilva played very well. As did Taylor. Patersons second half wasen't bad at all either. 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, cityexile said:

On the second half unlucky not to get something from that, but equally can say over the previous two games lucky to get six, so one of those.

An emerging trend is how poor we are first half of our games, and how it is the subs that shake it up. Our goal scoring has got very binary, although Fammy maybe unlucky overall.

Just what i was thinking. the answer is poor management. But we all know that. Your should play your best team from the start, playing to our strengths. Not keep it tight, and then making subs and trying to nick something. I am sure i wrotwe a similar post last season. Will he ever learn, I hope so.

What's disappointing is that LJ does not cash his successes.

Da Silva is forced to come on against Brentford, sets up the winner, plays well against Hull. Does LJ run with that bit of luck? No, drops him, and loses an advantage.

Taylor comes on against Hull, looks great, sets up the winner, gives us life. Does LJ run with that and start him? No. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, petehinton said:

No chance. Made two great saves but had nothing to do otherwise. 

We can’t expect to win games if we only decide to start trying after 65 mins. 

Honestly it really could have been that many, it's been a long time since I've seen a goal keeper performance like that.

I've come out of the stadium feeling as if we have won because that second half we were Incredible. Absolutely battered them.

Walsh put in a MOTM performance in the second half.

1 minute ago, Bri Stool City said:

Ha, ha how dare Stoke have a goalie eh.....and why did the man who trains and watches the players everyday manage to start with the wrong choices

Hate to say it, but Butland's been ordinary at best since he came back from a lengthy injury a couple of years ago. It's been a heck of a long time since he actually made a real difference in a match. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Johnr1986 said:

Going nowhere with Johnson, hit and miss as a team with limited progression on the pitch, the sooner Lansdown realises this the better. 

We've just dominated an ex prem team for 45 minutes.... 

If you want a top side I'd suggest you look somewhere else.

We are competing with sides like Stoke who have players on 50/60k a week, under Johnson we've come on leaps and bounds

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

We've just dominated an ex prem team for 45 minutes.... 

If you want a top side I'd suggest you look somewhere else.

We are competing with sides like Stoke who havefplayers on 50/60k a week, under Johnson we've come on leaps and bounds

We could have given it a go first half but we did not. They looked tired and disinterested but we played the game in to their hands acting with zero committment or pace.