IGNORED

Jack Butland

Red Army 75

17 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

In theory the goalkeeper who is winning could hold onto the ball until FT.

Of course it's a rule.

Seriously, that is the longest I have ever seen a goalkeeper hold the ball in open play.

The big screen found the replay, showed the replay switched off and JB still had the ball in his hands. An absolute joke.

This on Stoke’s fan site:

canadianmoose Avatar

Stoke City Legend
19 hours ago
**** me, the time wasting is embarrassing. You would think we are holding out for a win at the Emirates.

Read more:  http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/283459/bristol-city-stoke-match-thread?page=11#ixzz5VDx5Xcuc

13 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Apparently Butland's parents were watching today. Guess they must have been impressed too!

Long way to travel from Clevedon! ?

Apparently their manager has been quoted as saying he’ll bus his family to all remaining games and their forum complains about his kicking and distribution! Now where have heard that before? :facepalm:

14 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Jimmy Rimmer always seemed to play like that when he came to us, whoever he played for.

One for the teenagers :thumbsup:

Rimmer and But(t)land  in the same sentence ….. sounds like a 'special interest' theme park. 

("Ooh err matron'' ... :punish:...'' wash your mouth out, filthy swine!'')  

As good as he was and he was very good.

I couldn't believe the shameful time wasting tactics.

The referee should've booked him. People go on about diving for penalties but in my view this type of blatant gamesmanship is worse.

Its just cheating, plain and simple and the biggest form of dissent along with standing over free kicks.

I like to think if an opposition player plays well for against us then the Ashton Gate crowd always appreciates that, remember when Lua Lua had an amazing game against us? He was given a standing ovation after the game.

I would have been exactly the same with Butland, that has to be the best goal keeping performance I have seen in the flesh and he would have came away with a lot of credit from me for that performance, but I just can't get past the shameful time wasting, it is an effective tactic but to do it from the start of the second half onwards, for me that spoiled what was an excellent performance from him, rather than viewing him as a top goalkeeper I find myself thinking he's a cheating asshole. 

If I ever see any of our keepers doing that so early in a game I'll personally boo him and give him stick. By all means do it in the closing period of the game but not that early.

How Butland didn't receive a card I don't know, I felt he should have got one at around the 60th minute mark after taking an absolute age to take a goal kick, how he went another 30 minutes without getting one after that I don't quite know, possibly because he is a big Ish name?

I actually hate Jack Butland, for anyone who's played the last couple of FIFA's they will know what I mean, he then put in the exact type of FIFA performance against us which was highly annoying.

On 27/10/2018 at 19:33, Silvio Dante said:

On that subject, there was once in the second half where he took a short goal kick and their player took it before it went out of the box. Ref ordered a retake - I don’t know the rule but my instinct is that should have resulted in an indirect free kick to us as they’d infringed. Any ideas anyone?

On 27/10/2018 at 19:57, Nibor said:

Pretty sure it's a retake but it does seem wrong - if you're under pressure you can just step into the box and play it to get out of jail.  I think that's why they stand on the lines.

@Nibor is correct, it IS a retake. However, in your scenario, this would technically be a yellow card for the player who did it, but still a retake. You could argue it as delaying the restart of play, or unsporting behaviour, but either way, a deliberate breach of the rules is almost always a yellow card.

Also to your later point about the 6 second rule, again you are correct it exists, but the rule was 're-engineered' I would say, so that it is now 6 seconds from the point at which the goalkeeper has the ball 'in their control' and is able to release it without obstruction. This, I feel, is deliberately ambiguous to allow for the referee's discretion.

wow, lots of precious little people on here aint there! When we are winning we waste time but that's ok yeah?

Get real people every team including ours do it. The secret is to pick the correct team at the start then you wont go behind so wont have to put up with it.

Thought the ref was ok as well, certainly seen worse this season and previous

14 minutes ago, frenchred said:

wow, lots of precious little people on here aint there! When we are winning we waste time but that's ok yeah?

Get real people every team including ours do it. The secret is to pick the correct team at the start then you wont go behind so wont have to put up with it.

Thought the ref was ok as well, certainly seen worse this season and previous

We wasted a bit at Brentford, nothing like Saturday. 

It was embarrassing firstly how a recently relegated prem team spent 35 minutes of the second half time wasting and secondly how weak the referee was to not control it

15 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

We wasted a bit at Brentford, nothing like Saturday. 

It was embarrassing firstly how a recently relegated prem team spent 35 minutes of the second half time wasting and secondly how weak the referee was to not control it

Modern football Im afraid, I hate taking the ball into corners etc but it aint going away.

On 28/10/2018 at 11:27, Der no.2 said:

This on Stoke’s fan site:

canadianmoose Avatar

Stoke City Legend
19 hours ago
**** me, the time wasting is embarrassing. You would think we are holding out for a win at the Emirates.

Read more:  http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/283459/bristol-city-stoke-match-thread?page=11#ixzz5VDx5Xcuc

Read this one carefully.

The Stoke fan isn't complaining about the Butland time wasting. He is sarcastically saying that Stoke should not need to blatantly time waste against Bristol City as we are a nothing club to him. Hence the reference to Arsenal.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Read this one carefully.

The Stoke fan isn't complaining about the Butland time wasting. He is sarcastically saying that Stoke should not need to blatantly time waste against Bristol City as we are a nothing club to him. Hence the reference to Arsenal.

Yes, what a pompous ass!!

Archived