IGNORED

Helicopter Crash - Leicester Owner

Maesknoll Red

21 minutes ago, lenred said:

Where have you heard this? 

On twitter, I know it's twitter but rumours say Southgate was at the game and arrived at the Stadium using the same helicopter as he often does when he goes to Leicester games. 

There might be absolutely nothing in it but loads of people have tweeted the FA and there has been no replies saying he is ok etc. 

It does seem unlikely but then at the same time plausible.

19 minutes ago, Super said:

If it was we would have heard and i doubt any football would be being played today.

IF, and I stress the word if Southgate was on board it would be a huge national tragedy, I would imagine football in this country would be cancelled for a weekend. 

Official statements regarding who was on board and possibly died haven't been forthcoming as of yet and that's why it does kind of make me feel there could be something to this. The FA would be holding emergency meetings about how to break the news etc and would probably want today's games out of the way before breaking it if indeed he was on board.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Bit strange that there has been no official confirmation of who was on board and what condition they are in so long after the event. Very unusual in this day and age

As grim as it sounds the only conclusion I can make is the bodies are not easily identifiable

3 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

As grim as it sounds the only conclusion I can make is the bodies are not easily identifiable

I would say they know exactly who boarded, but maybe next of kin have to be informed before names are made public. A formal identification will have to be made too. Almost too horrific to think about.

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

I must stress that this is only rumours I've seen but some people are speculating that Southgate was the unknown 5th person on board, apparently arrived at the stadium on the helicopter.

Be honest it is all rumours and very concerning we are not seeing anything concrete.

Apparently the chairman’s daughter was not on the plane now even though announced she was as breaking news on all major news channels.

13 minutes ago, Neo said:

Be honest it is all rumours and very concerning we are not seeing anything concrete.

Apparently the chairman’s daughter was not on the plane now even though announced she was as breaking news on all major news channels.

Unfortunately with tragedies like this there is an amount of speculation until everything is confirmed. However , I agree with you it is concerning almost 24 hours later and no confirmation, surely the club knew who was on that helicopter. I fear there may be a player involved 

4 minutes ago, daored said:

Unfortunately with tragedies like this there is an amount of speculation until everything is confirmed. However , I agree with you it is concerning almost 24 hours later and no confirmation, surely the club knew who was on that helicopter. I fear there may be a player involved 

On the Beeb website they suspended live reporting after Police asked people stop speculation.

Sadly I suspect identification is not easy and they will need to be certain before notifying next of kin and for the families of those involved it will be agonising enough, without reading all about it before being notified officially.

All news outlets have said there were 2 pilots and 3 passengers. One of the passengers was the owner, one was a woman and the other was a younger man.

A photograph of these people boarding the helicopter has been circulated. I think the other two passengers will turn out to be family members.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

This sounds the most feasible explanation, the force of that fire if it was fuelled by a tankful of avgas it’s going to have a pretty high burning temp, there may not be much left.

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

Very sad news. The fact that he hasn't turned up on TV saying "I'm ok" says it all. Being reported that the woman on board was his daughter. Brings the fragility of life to reality when you read about something like this. 

It's all very sad, but this was the bit that hit me this morning when I heard it. Really got me.

5 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

It's all very sad, but this was the bit that hit me this morning when I heard it. Really got me.

It’s since been denied that it’s his daughter 

48 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

The FA have confirmed with some random local journo but no one else?

obviously hope it’s not true but that’s not the most reliable source I’ve ever seen

If it were Southgate we’d have not seen games today. 

Archived