IGNORED

Lazy

SedRA

In Kalas’ interview on bctv he states that we were too ‘lazy’ in the first half and weren’t trying hard enough. 

I appreciate his honesty, but that’s quite an admission. I think most of us can accept being outplayed when it happens, but not outfought.  Its a basic requisite that the players are giving everything, very disappointing to hear! 

19 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I dont think he meant it as you have taken it. 

14 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I think the lazy comment is more attributed to City playing too safe and not being dynamic enough. I wouldn't say we were out fought

He said in the second half we needed to be “running everywhere, not being lazy to sprint everywhere and tackle them” as we didn’t do that in the first half. Not sure how else to take it? 

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

One of the most boring films I've ever endured.  I don’t care what the film buffs say, Downs League film!!! ?

Then you half got it . The pace of the film was meant to highlight the sense of isolation and boredom when you find yourself in a situation far from home . 

A sort of time capsule where your life seems to have little sense .

A bit like the first 45 minutes of yesterday's match .

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I think Kalas was trying to reiterate what LJ had said. We weren't attack minded enough in the first 45.

For example, happy to make defensive throws when halfway into their half.

He was talking about not running around and tackling enough.

Maybe it’s a language thing but he seems a pretty upfront guy, so wouldn’t be surprised if he was telling it how it is. 

3 hours ago, RedSA said:

He was talking about not running around and tackling enough.

Maybe it’s a language thing but he seems a pretty upfront guy, so wouldn’t be surprised if he was telling it how it is. 

I doubt he`d have said it without the club knowing he was going to. Maybe LJ wanted to get the message across but didn`t want to say it himself?

6 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Then you half got it . The pace of the film was meant to highlight the sense of isolation and boredom when you find yourself in a situation far from home . 

A sort of time capsule where your life seems to have little sense .

A bit like the first 45 minutes of yesterday's match .

You went there.

Judging from the post match presser, Kalas WAS being upfront about laziness in the team in that stoke game. Sounds like the team has lost desire over the recent weeks from the way LJ was talking.

TBF they've probably got disillusioned with the complete lack of cohesive approach from the manager. 

4 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

I don't think we were out fought, just out thought. Unfortunately increasing effort is the easier fix!

Today's game we were definitely out thought, not like Preston were especially good either, certainly didn't resemble the side who finished 7th- but it looked too easy for them for large parts- which was very concerning.

15 hours ago, Judda said:

Fam is lazy. Rearly breaks a trot. When he does try and run it's like watchingan oil tanker in 2nd gear....

I actually felt quite sorry for him yesterday, our only plan was to launch the ball in his general direction, despite the fact that he was well marked and nobody was anywhere near him looking for knock-ons.

It's lazy football not lazy effort IMO. Which is correct. It's little dinky balls to no one in particular and kicking the ball long because they can't see another option. It's the sort of thing that is easy because the person doing it isn't going to get a load of abuse from the stands but it gives the ball away easily and invites pressure. 

4 hours ago, Chappers said:

I actually felt quite sorry for him yesterday, our only plan was to launch the ball in his general direction, despite the fact that he was well marked and nobody was anywhere near him looking for knock-ons.

True. But if you make 100 runs for a striker that never finds you maybe you stop making the runs as much?

I've played with some players who are terrible at passing for various reasons but it can be frustrating...

4 hours ago, Pezo said:

It's lazy football not lazy effort IMO. Which is correct. It's little dinky balls to no one in particular and kicking the ball long because they can't see another option. It's the sort of thing that is easy because the person doing it isn't going to get a load of abuse from the stands but it gives the ball away easily and invites pressure. 

Both Kalas and LJ stated a lack of effort to get around the pitch and run around more. 

Archived