IGNORED

Cashless Ashton Gate ....

WhistleHappy

I understand the convenience and the ease with which we can now hand over our hard earned money. Makes complete business sense to speed up processes and access a higher frequency of transaction while minimising handling costs.

However, it does also lend more power to the banks by virtue of tethering us further to the dependancy of holding bank accounts; while reducing (possibly eradicating) the cost of handling and producing money physically. 

Might not seem much but longer term this contributes ultimately towards a cashless society, whereby a full array of transactions throughout the day and year are funnelled through our banks, while our data is stored.

The disassociation with cash or rather our new association with the convenience and speed of transaction encourages us to spend more, while creating more data and lending further power to banks and all the rest of it. 

As opposed to a quid for a coffee, which is primarily between just us and the seller. 

On 30/10/2018 at 11:56, phantom said:

Liked the name of the first cashless bar

IMG_20181030_115530.jpg

Caption of the guy in green: "That coffee shop next door accepts cash and has a queue 100 yards long. You only accept cards and only sell Cider and have virtually no customers. I mean duhhhhh" 

Girl in reply "You know, we know, but we don't make the rules and any executive decisions go by pigeon to the Bailwick" 

9 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Caption of the guy in green: "That coffee shop next door accepts cash and has a queue 100 yards long. You only accept cards and only sell Cider and have virtually no customers. I mean duhhhhh" 

Girl in reply "You know, we know, but we don't make the rules and any executive decisions go by pigeon to the Bailwick" 

The Ship & Castle had two bars set up at the Rugby last night. One in the Lansdown stand, one in the South stand. Both were as busy as the concourse bars, but were moving far quicker through contactless payments. 

If anything, the speed at which they were serving in the Lansdown meant that the queues were longer than some of the concourse bars, once people clocked that they could get their pints quicker. 

14 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

The Ship & Castle had two bars set up at the Rugby last night. One in the Lansdown stand, one in the South stand. Both were as busy as the concourse bars, but were moving far quicker through contactless payments. 

If anything, the speed at which they were serving in the Lansdown meant that the queues were longer than some of the concourse bars, once people clocked that they could get their pints quicker. 

Poorly thought through to just sell Cider in the Dolman with contactless when, right next door, there are massive lines for what people clearly want more; coffee or any hot drink when its cold.. dum and dummer. 

22 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Poorly thought through to just sell Cider in the Dolman with contactless when, right next door, there are massive lines for what people clearly want more; coffee or any hot drink when its cold.. dum and dummer. 

Raise it with Matt Parsons then if you think it's that big an issue. 

Majority of people pre-match are buying alcoholic drinks. Half-time or full-time, yeah, probably wanting hot drinks. Can't see any harm in the club setting up these pop-up bars though that serve the people who want cider faster, which hopefully will make more room for those who don't want cider or alcohol at the other bars and kiosks.

4 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

Raise it with Matt Parsons then if you think it's that big an issue. 

Majority of people pre-match are buying alcoholic drinks. Half-time or full-time, yeah, probably wanting hot drinks. Can't see any harm in the club setting up these pop-up bars though that serve the people who want cider faster, which hopefully will make more room for those who don't want cider or alcohol at the other bars and kiosks.

Unfortunately I don't have the time nor inclination to tell someone how to suck eggs; the whole set up is not working too well from the infrequent matches I manage, with difficulty, to get to; it is most certainly not rocket science; so far from me to but in.

49 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Unfortunately I don't have the time nor inclination to tell someone how to suck eggs; the whole set up is not working too well from the infrequent matches I manage, with difficulty, to get to; it is most certainly not rocket science; so far from me to but in.

But you have the time to post on a forum about it? 

Tell you what I'll tag him for you.

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

wembley stadium is usually cashless in the concourse on match days. 

i see many benefits to this especially in stadiums where  a lot of the staffing is agency, not saying agency staff take money but errors are made easily. 

cashless prevents lots of issues, apart from when it doesnt work the whole thing goes down. 

theres often the case of i gave you this much, the change is wrong etc, the change and people dithering with money takes time with long queues cashless stops all that. 

18 hours ago, City Cat said:

The biggest delay of a cash transaction in my experience is the till operator's tragic inability to perform mental arithmetic when giving change.....

It`s a different world nowadays mate, if there isn`t an app for that they`re bollixed.

It terrifies me when I see how stuff we of a certain age take for granted but many now seem to think is like quantum physics,

5 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

It`s a different world nowadays mate, if there isn`t an app for that they`re bollixed.

It terrifies me when I see how stuff we of a certain age take for granted but many now seem to think is like quantum physics,

Yeah, some of these kids think L S D …. is Pounds, Shillings, & Pence... ffs wot are they on? :)  

Archived