Between now and Christmas

Kid in the Riot

Leeds A

Ipswich A

Millwall H

Birmingham A

Norwich H

(Frank Lampards) Derby A

First Elland Rd which is not a happy hunting ground for us against a very decent Leeds side. Then we go to a resurgent Ipswich who by all accounts should have battered Brum today. Millwall is like another PNE. We always struggle to break them down at AG. Birmingham away we rarely get anything from, then the current league leaders visit AG. Then we go to another of the best sides in the division. 

Things can change of course but as of now I can't see better than 4 or 5 points and us in a relegation battle by Xmas.

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Leeds A

Ipswich A

Millwall H

Birmingham A

Norwich H

(Frank Lampards) Derby A

First Elland Rd which is not a happy hunting ground for us against a very decent Leeds side. Then we go to a resurgent Ipswich who by all accounts should have battered Brum today. Millwall is like another PNE. We always struggle to break them down at AG. Birmingham away we rarely get anything from, then the current league leaders visit AG. Then we go to another of the best sides in the division. 

Things can change of course but as of now I can't see better than 4 or 5 points and us in a relegation battle by Xmas.

This could be ‘nil poi’!

what if we lose all of these. Is LJ still employed? I bet he is!!!

50 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Leeds A

Ipswich A

Millwall H

Birmingham A

Norwich H

(Frank Lampards) Derby A

Don't want to be picky but Ipswich played Reading and drew today.....however better than we did there

Brum played Hull and also drew 3-3

1 minute ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

52 sleeps until Santa, er, the Transfer Window opens. I can't wait!

then our man will "fine tune" then they will "bed in" and finally we will re-group and go again in the summer...with yet another new team of course

I think we seem to do better against teams who expect to beat us. When we play lower teams we play worse. It seems we can't handle the tag of favourites. That is my personal straw I'm grasping to maintain a slim hope we won't be in a relegation scrap by Christmas.

My other straw, that SL might see through the bullshit spouted by our HC, snapped a long time ago.

Those fixtures don’t look great right now...but Villa just beat Derby 3-0 at the new Baseball so the form book might not have predicted that!

And remember teams around and below us will not all get tons of points even if we do poorly, that’s the way the bottom of the table works, less points = general movement.

As I’ve said elsewhere though, a MASSIVE 2 months for LJ and City - because those fixtures look tough.

Cue the unexpected run of wins. We are still, I think(?) closer to the top 6 then the bottom 3.

8 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Villa just beat Derby 3-0 at the new Baseball so the form book might not have predicted that!

Villa are a decent side and will be up around the top come the end of the season.

9 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

We are still, I think(?) closer to the top 6 then the bottom 3

We can't carry on using this anology because it will soon bloody change.

1 minute ago, CityCiderEd said:

Villa are a decent side and will be up around the top come the end of the season.

We can't carry on using this anology because it will soon bloody change.

Derby’s form was better than Villa’s going into today....is all I was saying. 

Not an analogy, just where we are in the table. We’ve seen how quickly a win here or there changes that. 

If we go winless in this next run I will personally throw a cabbage at LJ in January!  

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Leeds A

Ipswich A

Millwall H

Birmingham A

Norwich H

(Frank Lampards) Derby A

I think 4/5 points looks optimistic right now .

That is a tough run of games.

I fear trouble is ahead in the very near future.

We can't score and don't look like we even know how to. If that remains the case, it doesn't matter who we play. The slide down the table has started early this season, no goals and all the appearance of not knowing what they are trying to achieve. Mid table we may currently be, but we look nothing like it. Based on what we we're seeing at the moment, bottom third and sucked into a relegation scrap by Xmas looks more probable than possible.

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Derby’s form was better than Villa’s going into today....is all I was saying

And all I was saying is that Villa are a good side with a decent bloke in charge. My mate is a STH at Villa and he absolutely loathed Bruce but he's really impressed with the new man and feels they are playing good football.

2 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

And all I was saying is that Villa are a good side with a decent bloke in charge. My mate is a STH at Villa and he absolutely loathed Bruce but he's really impressed with the new man and feels they are playing good football.

I watched the Villa Bolton game with a Villa fan - he’s still a bit worried about Smith getting them playing out the back with their current back 4 - but with the wealth of attaching options they have they are a force. 

I was also very impressed with Smith and his comments post game....he will do well there.

39 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I think we seem to do better against teams who expect to beat us. When we play lower teams we play worse. It seems we can't handle the tag of favourites. That is my personal straw I'm grasping to maintain a slim hope we won't be in a relegation scrap by Christmas.

My other straw, that SL might see through the bullshit spouted by our HC, snapped a long time ago.

You are correct. We have performed poorly against teams below us this season.  Our record vs the teams currently below us is Played 9, Won 2, Drawn 2, Lost 5.

Doesn't bode well for our games away at Ipswich and home to Millwall.

So perhaps, given this, we will turn it on vs those above us.  Well, I wait to be shocked if we get anything at Elland Road, Pride Park or St Andrews.  Not given our recent performances at those places.

Looks like a gloomy few weeks coming up.

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

You are correct. We have performed poorly against teams below us this season.  Our record vs the teams currently below us is Played 9, Won 2, Drawn 2, Lost 5.

Doesn't bode well for our games away at Ipswich and home to Millwall.

So perhaps, given this, we will turn it on vs those above us.  

The plan is, carry on as we are and before too long there will be about 20, 21 - maybe 22; 23, ideally - teams above us, and then watch us go....

I, like probably a lot of us even after yesterday?, like LJ but he's lost his way.

We got up to the top of the league and beat Man utd by playing in a way that was almost forced on us by not having a fit centre forward and we were enjoying it. I watch now and wonder wtf?

Yes we've lost key players but that shouldn't mean we can't play in that style. 

I don't think SL will let us get anywhere near the bottom before he pulls the trigger this time.

Archived