Ive moved on now

Langford Red

14 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It would have to be a 3-5-2 I think;

Maenpaaa

Kalas Webster Kelly

Eliasson Brownhill Walsh COD DaSilva

Taylor Weimann

At least we ought to create some chances but would need the wingbacks to be well on their game defensively.

Eliasson as a WB would make me nervous!

Dont get me wrong, think/know he needs to play but more as an authodox winger

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

It would have to be a 3-5-2 I think;

Maenpaaa

Kalas Webster Kelly

Eliasson Brownhill Walsh COD DaSilva

Taylor Weimann

At least we ought to create some chances but would need the wingbacks to be well on their game.

OK,this makes sense with what we have, however if I may be bold....Taylor is a forward player or as many Sags will tell you an attacking midfielder. What he is not is a striker (as opposed to a forward)

This is what I would do to get the maximum energy, particularly against dross at home and to get stuck into them/opposition early

Maenpaa

Kalas Webster Kelly

Hunt Brownhill  Taylor Walsh Dasilva

Weimann (anyone from Fammy/Elliasson/Odowda/Eisa or Hakeem...dependant on who looks good in training and other circumstances)

I like your team, but I fancy Hunt right now because he has progressed and him and Dasilva can convert to Full Backs quickly and we can change our shape fast. Which is what we should be doing. This maximizes aggression gives us two decent ball players (Walsh and Taylor) in the middle, two usually reliable crossers (Hunt and Dasilva) and a player who built his career on getting second ball and shooting (Taylor) on the edge. 

Also the best CB in the division (Webster) in the middle of our spine with the England U20 captain and a bloke who has one more than one promotion to the PL. The wild card for me is who partners Weimann and that we wont know until we have seen the other lads.

Your thoughts?

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

OK,this makes sense with what we have, however if I may be bold....Taylor is a forward player or as many Sags will tell you an attacking midfielder. What he is not is a striker (as opposed to a forward)

This is what I would do to get the maximum energy, particularly against dross at home and to get stuck into them/opposition early

Maenpaa

Kalas Webster Kelly

Hunt Brownhill  Taylor Walsh Dasilva

Weimann (anyone from Fammy/Elliasson/Odowda/Eisa or Hakeem...dependant on who looks good in training and other circumstances)

I like your team, but I fancy Hunt right now because he has progressed and him and Dasilva can convert to Full Backs quickly and we can change our shape fast. Which is what we should be doing. This maximizes aggression gives us two decent ball players (Walsh and Taylor) in the middle, two usually reliable crossers (Hunt and Dasilva) and a player who built his career on getting second ball and shooting (Taylor) on the edge. 

Also the best CB in the division (Webster) in the middle of our spine with the England U20 captain and a bloke who has one more than one promotion to the PL. The wild card for me is who partners Weimann and that we wont know until we have seen the other lads.

Your thoughts?

I see where you`re coming from, more of a 3-4-1-1 but much as I like Hunt going forward he terrifies me defensively sometimes. Whoever plays that side as a WB you are relying on Kalas to cover when they get forward (as you are with Kelly on the other side) but that shouldn`t be an issue provided everybody does their jobs

I just think I`d like to see us set up on the front foot for once and take the game to the opposition rather than worrying about them really I suppose.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I see where you`re coming from, more of a 3-4-1-1 but much as I like Hunt going forward he terrifies me defensively sometimes. Whoever plays that side as a WB you are relying on Kalas to cover when they get forward (as you are with Kelly on the other side) but that shouldn`t be an issue provided everybody does their jobs

I just think I`d like to see us set up on the front foot for once and take the game to the opposition rather than worrying about them really I suppose.

That is what I think my team will do.

Be aggressive from the off. Hunt Taylor Walsh even occasionally Brownhill are aggressive, win the ball and play. Currently LJ teams allow possession.

We are being bullied by crap.

Still the main point is we have in form players, base the team and formation around them...The LJ method is the complete opposite, this is what I want to do, you do what I tell you....Pack Patterson you are in!...A stand that anyone can see on recent evidence is confusing the crap out of everyone me, you, the players and the bullshit bingoers  

I still think although this team is nowhere to being a top six team, it shouldn't be looking bottom six or worse at season's end

I think the problem this season and before is the failure of the coaches to motivate and build team spirit.  Whatever else can be said about SC he did engender team spirit.

45 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

I’ve a feeling we might well carry on losing. Problem is I don’t think SL will lose patience. Even if we go down I’ve a horrible feeling LJ will still be in charge and the atmosphere at Ashton Gate become increasingly toxic.

Toxic? Nah....Bristolians are too laid back and accepting to do that....what will happen if we go down is that crowds will plummet to around 12k I’d imagine....but a toxic atmosphere?! There will be just the odd ‘boo’ - nothing more....for toxic atmospheres go see an Italian club that is upset and unhappy with their manager....different gravy....players and managers get a pretty easy ride at  City....our crowd ain’t too good at creating any sort of atmosphere, let alone a toxic one....

6 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

3 from the same person (who only posts when we lose) in under a day.

Ha ha, indeed! I don't suppose the absence from Ashton Gate will also mean that they stop posting on here when we lose though! I'm assuming BR was not one of those who vowed never to return to the Gate while LJ was in charge last season, or the season before, so I suppose you should give some credit for that?!

33 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Toxic? Nah....Bristolians are too laid back and accepting to do that....what will happen if we go down is that crowds will plummet to around 12k I’d imagine....but a toxic atmosphere?! There will be just the odd ‘boo’ - nothing more....for toxic atmospheres go see an Italian club that is upset and unhappy with their manager....different gravy....players and managers get a pretty easy ride at  City....our crowd ain’t too good at creating any sort of atmosphere, let alone a toxic one....

Good points. 

Perhaps by toxic I meant a dreadful atmosphere with the crowd on the players backs from the start. 

2 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Good points. 

Perhaps by toxic I meant a dreadful atmosphere with the crowd on the players backs from the start. 

Fair enough, cheers for the reply....a dreadful atmosphere at our stadium really does make for a miserable afternoon or evening though...I’ve seen it too many times....and the inevitable result of loads of empty seats will just pile on the misery....bleak times could be ahead if we continue to allow LJ to complete his managerial apprenticeship....

We can change formations all day long, but at the end of the day we have a bang average squad with no stand out performers. We will lose more than we win and no amount of tactical changes will make the slightest bit of difference. Get ready for another losing streak, because we don’t look strong enough.

15 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Weimann (Again a class act but has not received a ball to his feet or one that gives him the ability to roll a defender since August)

You could also say the same about Eliasson. Shocking service to him most of the time, but easily the best crosser of a ball we have, imho. 

Archived