IGNORED

Yesterday's attendance.

marmite

17 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

It was a piecemeal development and the capacity was restricted until the whole revamped stadium was completed upon which the crowds increased hence my reference to new stadium bounce.

Fans ARE staying away because of the coach and his team.The fact that the official attendances are what they are is down to SC sales as everyone knows.

Empty seats do not lie and please do not compare Bielsa to what we have here.

We could lose 6-0 every week have no home fans actually attending and some people would still say we are getting 15,000 every home game and therefore our 3rd whatever highest average attendance "this century" or some such bollocks..

But we ARE getting 16,17,18k+ crowds. Actual crowds, not tickets sold. We’ve not had that at anytime in my life time, other than with LJ in charge. Even when football was cheaper and people had the beloved option of terracing. 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

But we ARE getting 16,17,18k+ crowds. Actual crowds, not tickets sold. We’ve not had that at anytime in my life time, other than with LJ in charge. Even when football was cheaper and people had the beloved option of terracing. 

That isn't 20,000 though and if this continues, even a couple of seasons finishing 15th with the wild variances in form and a protected coaching team the crowds will dwindle its human nature and the novelty of a shiny AG will have faded.

I don't believe LJ has been a factor in the slightest for the high attendances but we can agree to disagree on that of course.

On 11/11/2018 at 16:12, Red Right Hand said:

Judging by where I am in the SS there were more actually there than v Hull but not by a huge amount. More PNE fans than Hull of course though.

I thought it looked full in SS and Colman. West stand looked reasonably populated also. 19.7k seemed about right with 600 PNE fans

16 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

That wont continue with the current style of play and coaching.  Actual attendances will drop if this form continues. We would have sold more when SC was in charge if the development wasn't taking place because the football was better not the facilities. Do you really think many go because of LJ.

Just a thought, but Saturdays attendance could have been boosted because of 'quid a kid' - there were plenty sat by me in the lower Lansdown.  The previous game was 'mates rates' - £10 per supporter. I'm sure that boosted attendance.

Will there be an incentive for the next home game to get more bums on seats?

13 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I thought it looked full in SS and Colman. West stand looked reasonably populated also. 19.7k seemed about right with 600 PNE fans

I can only go by what`s round me - for Hull my row and the ones in front and behind were about half full, on Saturday probably about 75% in mine and the one in front but hardly anyone in the row behind. I went and sat there so as I could spread out a bit.

24 minutes ago, Red Grovesy said:

Just a thought, but Saturdays attendance could have been boosted because of 'quid a kid' - there were plenty sat by me in the lower Lansdown.  The previous game was 'mates rates' - £10 per supporter. I'm sure that boosted attendance.

Yes hopefully a new manager??

1 hour ago, Red Grovesy said:

Millwall. On a Sunday lunchtime. 

Not the most desirable opponents and not the most desirable time. There’s gotta be a pretty huge incentive to get the crowd to 20k for this one. 

13 hours ago, Loon plage said:

That isn't 20,000 though and if this continues, even a couple of seasons finishing 15th with the wild variances in form and a protected coaching team the crowds will dwindle its human nature and the novelty of a shiny AG will have faded.

I don't believe LJ has been a factor in the slightest for the high attendances but we can agree to disagree on that of course.

I don't think anyone would argue that if our form continued to nose dive then eventually gates will drop off. The point I'm making is like we thrashed Blackburn, scored 3 against QPR and won at Swansea for example a decent result and performance is just around the corner.

13 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Was it not LJ (partly) that lead us to 2nd in the league last Christmas time and to the quarter finals of the league cup, where we subsiquently beat Man Utd..? All responsible for additional (record?) season ticket sales. 

If course the crowds aren’t purely down to LJ. Nobody has claimed that they are. But of course his input has been part of what people have been buying into. 

13 hours ago, marmite said:

That wont continue with the current style of play and coaching.  Actual attendances will drop if this form continues. We would have sold more when SC was in charge if the development wasn't taking place because the football was better not the facilities. Do you really think many go because of LJ.

Who has said, ever, that people go purely because of LJ..?!

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Was it not LJ (partly) that lead us to 2nd in the league last Christmas time and to the quarter finals of the league cup, where we subsiquently beat Man Utd..? All responsible for additional (record?) season ticket sales. 

If course the crowds aren’t purely down to LJ. Nobody has claimed that they are. But of course his input has been part of what people have been buying into. 

He had contributed and now he is contributing in a negative way. He cannot dine out on last seasons pre xmas form any longer. As for what fans are buying into, I have no idea now do you ? If so please tell the coach

2 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

I don't think anyone would argue that if our form continued to nose dive then eventually gates will drop off. The point I'm making is like we thrashed Blackburn, scored 3 against QPR and won at Swansea for example a decent result and performance is just around the corner.

I truly hope you're right but the problem is a decent performance is likely to be followed by a lemon, and the fact that this is a strong unpredictable league doesn't excuse muddled selections changing clever clever tactics and anaemic performances by the players.As most have said if there was some consistency in approach and performance on and off the pitch the vast majority of fans would excuse the odd (short) losing runs. That doesn't seem to be the case and whether 16-17000 actually in the ground is the best some people have ever seen, it isn't what it would be if people weren't voting with their feet despite having shelled out on SCs. This forum represents a tiny percentage of fans but most I speak with are a lot less polite about how things are going.

16 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I truly hope you're right but the problem is a decent performance is likely to be followed by a lemon, and the fact that this is a strong unpredictable league doesn't excuse muddled selections changing clever clever tactics and anaemic performances by the players.As most have said if there was some consistency in approach and performance on and off the pitch the vast majority of fans would excuse the odd (short) losing runs. That doesn't seem to be the case and whether 16-17000 actually in the ground is the best some people have ever seen, it isn't what it would be if people weren't voting with their feet despite having shelled out on SCs. This forum represents a tiny percentage of fans but most I speak with are a lot less polite about how things are going.

Surely not LP? According to some on here OTIB is just where the  moaners come to vent and the rest of the crowd are blissfully happy! 

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Who has said, ever, that people go purely because of LJ..?!

We're actually singing from the same hymn sheet here. People were attracted by his style of football and crowds go up. Now his style of football, or lack of style, is causing people to stay away. The buck stops with him. It's up to him to get the fans back.

Archived