IGNORED

Cabot Circus Bristol Sport Shop (Merged)

Septic Peg

24 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Posted on the City Til I Die facebook page is this photo, showing the new Bristol Sport shop opening in Cabot Circus in time for Christmas I believe.

Whether it is a pop up shop or a permanent fixture remains to be seen...

Screenshot_20181117-075838_Chrome.jpg

Open in time for Christmas, stock expected to arrive for Easter?

35 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

This should be permanent imo if the “brand” is to be as successful as possible 

Like to think it will do well, but given the limited range of products they sell, the limited audience interested the brands and that those with the biggest interests would have already acquired what they want at the start of the season, you have to wonder if this has legs.

• Admin
40 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

This should be permanent imo if the “brand” is to be as successful as possible 

Another way of putting the brand out there, it would be a great inclusion for the area 

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Posted on the City Til I Die facebook page is this photo, showing the new Bristol Sport shop opening in Cabot Circus in time for Christmas I believe.

Whether it is a pop up shop or a permanent fixture remains to be seen...

Looks bigger than the club shop at the ground 

Hate to be Mr Sceptical from Sceptic Town, near Sceptic however, the club have tried to have a city centre outlet at least twice to my knowledge and its turned into a money pit on both occasions. Maybe it will be different this time as our gates are consistently the highest they've been since the late 70's. 

If it is just for Xmas then it would seem to be a really good idea.

1 minute ago, Midlands Robin said:

Hate to be Mr Sceptical from Sceptic Town, near Sceptic however, the club have tried to have a city.centre outlet at least twice to my knowledge and its turned into a money pit on both occasions. Maybe it will be different this time as our gates are consistently the highest they've been since the late 70's. 

Would also imagine that with the number of empty shops there are on the high street the have probably paid next to nothing to rent the space.

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Would also imagine that with the number of empty shops there are on the high street the have probably paid next to nothing to rent the space.

Is it in the Quakers Friars part of Cabot out of interest? Seem to be quite a few shops closing up in that section. Started with only the real expensive shops but I expect the property managers would rather have it filled gaining some income over it being empty. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a short term thing which will turn into a permanent one when Cabot are unable to get someone else in to pay the big bucks.

11 minutes ago, MC26 said:

Is it in the Quakers Friars part of Cabot out of interest? Seem to be quite a few shops closing up in that section. Started with only the real expensive shops but I expect the property managers would rather have it filled gaining some income over it being empty. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a short term thing which will turn into a permanent one when Cabot are unable to get someone else in to pay the big bucks.

I haven't been 'down town' for a wander in a couple of years, on those occasions when I have gone in it has just been to one of two targetted shops rather than something that would see me walking around. Doesn't surprise me that there are significant gaps that they want to fill.

21 minutes ago, xerox6060 said:

Good idea, get the brand and the clubs out into the wider Bristol area and increase the profile, start eroding those Man U shirts you see in Bristol.. I'd say the same if the Gas had a shop too... However improbable that is.... 

Not that improbable, theirs is portable...

shop.jpeg.ba5f444b05542f068f8ecef8a3670e58.jpeg

46 minutes ago, xerox6060 said:

Good idea, get the brand and the clubs out into the wider Bristol area and increase the profile, start eroding those Man U shirts you see in Bristol.. I'd say the same if the Gas had a shop too... However improbable that is.... 

They did. But their supporters club sold it without telling anyone.

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

Hate to be Mr Sceptical from Sceptic Town, near Sceptic however, the club have tried to have a city centre outlet at least twice to my knowledge and its turned into a money pit on both occasions. Maybe it will be different this time as our gates are consistently the highest they've been since the late 70's. 

But they only covered one sport is potentially the major difference.

Now it is 3 and with the new arena I can only see the basketball growing in popularity.

Bears stuff would fly off the shelves with kids too - this one could be a gold-mine in comparison to previous !?!

24 minutes ago, Neo said:

But they only covered one sport is potentially the major difference.

Now it is 3 and with the new arena I can only see the basketball growing in popularity.

Bears stuff would fly off the shelves with kids too - this one could be a gold-mine in comparison to previous !?!

There was a shop in town that had ours, rovers and the rugby stuff in. That also wasn’t a success. 

Sorry can't see BS making it big in terms of merchandising until City are top half of top division.  The Barca model we are trying to emulate is predicated on the success of the football team, because in addition to the team you have to have real international stars and we haven't since Atyeo.

4 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Whether it is a pop up shop or a permanent fixture remains  to be seen...

...obviously a massive success already, just one early Black Friday and it's a complete sell out! :) 

Watch this space, new sock (I mean stock) arriving shirtly, (I mean shortly) shorts too.

(new badge before Christmas?)  

Archived