IGNORED

london reds

leader

It’s not an attractive option to go to Ipswich on a Wednesday evening, but the Sky ref button option is the kiss of death. There are pros and cons with TV money and the red button is an obvious example. Pros = it’s good for people who would never have attended anyway. Cons = it reduces the incentive to go for people who might have attended 

Yes and when I got train tickets they were only about £20 return, with two services to choose back after the game, good value for a midweek game, plus I work not too far from Liverpool Street so pretty easy to combine with a proper days work.

Quite frankly Ipswich is the one trip that's probably better midweek, at weekends they always close the bloody train lines out to East Anglia and you end up on god forsaken rail replacement buses - three of the last six or seven times as I recall.

5 hours ago, Olé said:

Yes and when I got train tickets they were only about £20 return, with two services to choose back after the game, good value for a midweek game, plus I work not too far from Liverpool Street so pretty easy to combine with a proper days work.

Quite frankly Ipswich is the one trip that's probably better midweek, at weekends they always close the bloody train lines out to East Anglia and you end up on god forsaken rail replacement buses - three of the last six or seven times as I recall.

Aren't you lucky!

I'm off to see Wales v South Africa on Saturday.

Train from Highbridge to TM, then a bus to Parkway for another train to Cardiff.

Reason for the bus ride. Track from Temple Meads to Filton being made four track instead of two. I told Beeching in 1967 that they would regret changing it from four track to two track but he wouldn't listen to me.

Give em a cheer from me at Ipswich.

3 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Yes, maybe by car but probably on the train.@Ole what times are you planning on and do you fancy Black Cat pub or the one directly opposite the station?

I'm on the 4pm, would be rude not to pop into the Station Pub, depending on the weather Isaac's on the marina is always pleasant enough too. Can't really go wrong with Ipswich fans anywhere.

Continuing my own rant about rail replacement buses, just had flashbacks of the game at Ipswich two seasons ago which was the evening before New Years Eve, and the only route was to Stansted Airport, followed by a replacement coach from the airport carpark to some other non-descript station. And I defy anyone to feel anything but shame after losing at Ipswich, then having to file off a night coach at the airport surrounded by holiday makers, carrying nothing but a couple of cans. 

Archived