IGNORED

Worrying stats...

BilboBaggins05

A stat no-one i think has mentioned, out of our last 12 games, we have only scored 9 goals, conceded 15 and of our 9 goals, only 3 have been scored by a striker, (2 Diedhiou, 1 Taylor Pen). Before these games, of which there are 6 league games, we have scored 11, conceded 6 and 7 of those goals were scored by strikers (Weimann x5 and Diedhiou and taylor with 1 each). In these periods, we have got 11 point in last 12, and 11 in the first 6. Nothing drastic has changed squad wise between these games (bar Diedhiou reterning from suspension for the blackburn win) and the only thing that could have been hindering was Kalas' injury, but during that time our record was W1 D2 L1. For our performances and reslts to be as bad as they are recenlty, something has probably happened behind the scenes, and it wouldn't surprise me if there's a conflict of interest with Johnson and some of out players. There's not anything to back this up, but there is definitely a noticeable turning point in our performances, notably the Wednesday game. We might have won against Hull and Brentford after, but even they weren't convincing wins, both with late goals. Interesting to know yours'  lots thoughts on this...

Regards Brentford and Hull. The result and indeed 2nd half display (v 10 men for a good chunk of it admittedly) were good. Brentford don't lose at home often- Hull don't lose by more than one often, but first half v them was poor. 

Last 2 games- well I assumed we'd lose today but tactics and team wrong last 2 games especially and actually arguably much of season.

2 shots on target in 2 games though is very worrying and a rapid deterioration- v Reading we scored twice and could have scored more, second half v Stoke we threw a lot at them but inspired by Butland and woodwork played their part but the last 2 especially have alarm bells ringing loud IMO.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Regards Brentford and Hull. The result and indeed 2nd half display (v 10 men for a good chunk of it admittedly) were good. Brentford don't lose at home often- Hull don't lose by more than one often, but first half v them was poor. 

Last 2 games- well I assumed we'd lose today but tactics and team wrong last 2 games especially and actually arguably much of season.

2 shots on target in 2 games though is very worrying and a rapid deterioration- v Reading we scored twice and could have scored more, second half v Stoke we threw a lot at them but inspired by Butland and woodwork played their part but the last 2 especially have alarm bells ringing loud IMO.

Yeah i agree that brentord and hull to some extent were good wins, but even then we struggled to score, and have since. Thats what seems to be the most worrying

2 minutes ago, BilboBaggins05 said:

Yeah i agree that brentord and hull to some extent were good wins, but even then we struggled to score, and have since. Thats what seems to be the most worrying

Tbh we IMO deserved more v Stoke and maybe- more debatable- Reading. We were creating chances at least.

Now we don't- and we don't look like scoring, to me that's the most worrying aspect- both not scoring and not looking like we will.

25 minutes ago, BilboBaggins05 said:

A stat no-one i think has mentioned, out of our last 12 games, we have only scored 9 goals, conceded 15 and of our 9 goals, only 3 have been scored by a striker, (2 Diedhiou, 1 Taylor Pen). Before these games, of which there are 6 league games, we have scored 11, conceded 6 and 7 of those goals were scored by strikers (Weimann x5 and Diedhiou and taylor with 1 each). In these periods, we have got 11 point in last 12, and 11 in the first 6. Nothing drastic has changed squad wise between these games (bar Diedhiou reterning from suspension for the blackburn win) and the only thing that could have been hindering was Kalas' injury, but during that time our record was W1 D2 L1. For our performances and reslts to be as bad as they are recenlty, something has probably happened behind the scenes, and it wouldn't surprise me if there's a conflict of interest with Johnson and some of out players. There's not anything to back this up, but there is definitely a noticeable turning point in our performances, notably the Wednesday game. We might have won against Hull and Brentford after, but even they weren't convincing wins, both with late goals. Interesting to know yours'  lots thoughts on this...

Valid point about behind the scenes something has happened - hadn’t  considered that. 

2 hours ago, Brann-red said:

Valid point about behind the scenes something has happened - hadn’t  considered that. 

For what it's worth I think the 11 that take to the pitch, regardless of which 11 it is, don't understand or agree with the tactics they have been asked to employ and the result of this is the shambles we are currently witnessing.

A team need to have a style of play that suits the players available and it needs to be worked on constantly so that everyone in the squad totally understands their role should they be selected - that is simply not happening as LJ tries to adapt the system and tactics to counter the opposition - huge mistake, which I believe is based on him thinking he is a far better coach than he actually is.

There is a confidence problem in the squad now due to the above and he has a huge job on his hand to reverse that.

I think players are starting to doubt him and his capabilities, professional football is a very small circle of people and word spreads very quickly.

In summary, we are in more than a little trouble and a defeat at Ipswich, which I fully expect, will be ominous.

This squad, in my opinion, don't have the stomach for a relegation fight, which is where this is heading.

Archived