IGNORED

LJ Career Progression

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

As a Manager LJ has remarkably average stats, with last season, even with the slide after xmas being his best for win ratio, should he be progressing faster, is, as has been suggested on another thread, he's in the wrong job?  Could he be being held back - the old saying you can't soar with Eagles, if you hang round with Turkeys.

I guess none of us know what's going on behind the scenes, if he is being hamstrung, or if he is at the limit of his ability, for one so highly lauded a few years back, might we have expected his win ratios to improve at a better rate?

Capture lj.JPG

I Think it’s dangerous to always look the ‘average’ as some posters do.

If one of my sales executives was 300% of target after 6 months and then after 12 months finished on target, I’d have serious questions as to what had gone wrong. It’s irresponsible management to just hope that the performance busting stretches will always kick in and counter the disastrous spells. I’d much rather have someone who I could rely on for consistency.

For me i am now convinced that Lee  doesn’t really have control of the situation as the truth is the extreme lurches in form we’ve seen over 2 and half years are very worrying.

• Admin
Just now, Lucan said:

It makes no difference whether the points comes in consistently or in bursts.  The only thing that matters is the quantity.

In the cold light of day, that’s right, but it doesn’t add up to an enjoyable season, when we have runs that start alarm bells ringing, the games are far from entertaining and exciting to watch, a consistent team that appears to be cohesive and has a plan, getting the odd beating by a better team is surely preferable.

2 minutes ago, Lucan said:

It makes no difference whether the points comes in consistently or in bursts.  The only thing that matters is the quantity.

Yes -you're right in that it matters at the season's end.

My misgiving is that I think most of us would want the quantity a little bit more evenly spread. 

I'm getting so bored of feast or famine.

7 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Completely disagree. If you have a 3 to 5 year business plan, you need good reliable people to execute it, not people who in any given month could superceed expectations or dramatically fail. 

I’d be amazed if someone with business accumen of Steve Lansdown would disagree.

Archived