IGNORED

SL wants league 1 football

Langford Red

2 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I imagine that he looks at Preston - 12 and 13k crowds, lower wages than us - and sees they finish 11th, 11th and 7th, and thinks: we get 20k crowds, we pay better wages than Preston, we can finish as high as them, if not higher. Even when selling three of our better players (Preston are always selling their best).

I imagine he looks at Brentford and thinks similar. And Huddersfield, and what they achieved. And one or two other smaller or very similar to us clubs that have finished top ten in this division.

I imagine he thinks: if they can do it, we can do it. It can be done. It is possible. Difficult, yes, but that's what we are all here for: to try and do something bloody difficult, but bloody marvellous if we achieve it.

I imagine he looks at Wagner at Huddersfield, and Dyche at Burnley, and Brendan Rodgers at Swansea and one or two others that took a team up from this division with no previous promotions behind them and thinks: if they can do it, maybe LJ can do it. I also imagine, as time goes on, he also has moments of doubt about this (and thinks about Brighton and Hughton, and other clubs promoted by experienced been-there-and-done-it types) and all sorts of thoughts go through his mind about this, and LJ specifically,  but he wants to give LJ as good a shot as he possibly can. 

I imagine he thinks: if only there was some sort of template for the type of head coach or manager that would guarantee promotion. Make it a piece of piss to employ said person. 

I also reckon at some point he looked at Eddie Howe and thought: hmm, Eddie Howe/Lee Johnson. Lee Johnson/Eddie Howe....I wonder.....

I imagine he doesn't think this now, but anyway.....

It's a set of valid points and it's NOT all about 'buying' promotion, always assuming that is what the owner wants.

The 'plan' however, to get a team promoted with 6 Bristolians that have come through the Academy is utterly flawed - that simply won't happen. As a start point, there is no guarantee that any young talented local lad would sign for us at 12/13, he will have lots of options.

There is also clear evidence that LJ is not the man to get us promoted, in fact he could be the man to get us relegated.

Let me be clear, I have no dislike of LJ and I did hope he would take us forward, but he won't and he isn't.

I am now feeling a huge amount of sympathy with him in some ways. he is working with one hand tied behind his back, which means that he if he walked away tonight, unless there is a change in strategy, his replacement would still have the same issues to contend with.

In my opinion, SL has a big decision to make very very soon, does he stick to HIS plan or recognize the absolute realities of professional football at this level.

To move forward the plan has to change, otherwise we will be moving backwards.

16 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I imagine that he looks at Preston - 12 and 13k crowds, lower wages than us - and sees they finish 11th, 11th and 7th, and thinks: we get 20k crowds, we pay better wages than Preston, we can finish as high as them, if not higher. Even when selling three of our better players (Preston are always selling their best).

I imagine he looks at Brentford and thinks similar. And Huddersfield, and what they achieved. And one or two other smaller or very similar to us clubs that have finished top ten in this division.

I imagine he thinks: if they can do it, we can do it. It can be done. It is possible. Difficult, yes, but that's what we are all here for: to try and do something bloody difficult, but bloody marvellous if we achieve it.

I imagine he looks at Wagner at Huddersfield, and Dyche at Burnley, and Brendan Rodgers at Swansea and one or two others that took a team up from this division with no previous promotions behind them and thinks: if they can do it, maybe LJ can do it. I also imagine, as time goes on, he also has moments of doubt about this (and thinks about Brighton and Hughton, and other clubs promoted by experienced been-there-and-done-it types) and all sorts of thoughts go through his mind about this, and LJ specifically,  but he wants to give LJ as good a shot as he possibly can. 

I imagine he thinks: if only there was some sort of template for the type of head coach or manager that would guarantee promotion. Make it a piece of piss to employ said person. 

I also reckon at some point he looked at Eddie Howe and thought: hmm, Eddie Howe/Lee Johnson. Lee Johnson/Eddie Howe....I wonder.....

I imagine he doesn't think this now, but anyway.....

Either SL interferes in football matters, as some supporters of LJ suggest, or being the sole owner with, if I may dare say so, quite an ego he believes that he  somehow knows best and is going to luck his way into the Premier league with the management team and squad in place. If either situation is the real state of play, then our club differs quite significantly with others that have gone past us.Wagner at Huddersfield, Rogers at Swansea, and Dyche at Burnley all moved their clubs along at a pace, which our owners choice of Head coach has in no way even approached .Dyche and Rogers also already had experience at our level prior to the appointments you mention. The fact that SL allows  such a regular  rollercoaster of form tells me that he is complacent enough to believe that relegation won't really happen, and he therefore keeps someone he likes as a person at the helm. That being the case, I don't believe he is serious about promotion.

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

Either SL interferes in football matters, as some supporters of LJ suggest, or being the sole owner with, if I may dare say so, quite an ego he believes that he  somehow knows best and is going to luck his way into the Premier league with the management team and squad in place. If either situation is the real state of play, then our club differs quite significantly with others that have gone past us.Wagner at Huddersfield, Rogers at Swansea, and Dyche at Burnley all moved their clubs along at a pace, which our owners choice of Head coach has in no way even approached .Dyche and Rogers also already had experience at our level prior to the appointments you mention. The fact that SL allows  such a regular  rollercoaster of form tells me that he is complacent enough to believe that relegation won't really happen, and he therefore keeps someone he likes as a person at the helm. That being the case, I don't believe he is serious about promotion.

SL has a different approach and thought process to how you, and me, would go about it. You have convinced yourself that his current approach demonstrates that he is not serious about promotion. I think differently, and continue to cling to the idea that his intention is good but that his judgement is/might be flawed, or at least questionable. 

18 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

SL has a different approach and thought process to how you, and me, would go about it. You have convinced yourself that his current approach demonstrates that he is not serious about promotion. I think differently, and continue to cling to the idea that his intention is good but that his judgement is/might be flawed, or at least questionable. 

I don't disagree with you. I think his heart is definitely in the right place, but he thinks he knows best and its his club after all. He can be a good hearted person but he seems to allow personal relationships to get in the way of what he has stated as his aim. Therefore I maintain he is simply talking the talk.

Its up to him isn't it, and he is definitely still in credit with the vast majority of fans, although I think a number no longer see him as "the saviour" of our club

19 hours ago, glen humphries said:

All from the same countries, and that’s not what you originally said .

Having just read this little squabble, you’ve misquoted and entirely missed the point of JBFC II’s  original post. He said that in your system only the CHAMPIONS from the big countries could win the cup. You’ve implied he said only TEAMS from the big countries could win, and said there’s no difference then, You’re the one having the mare I’m afraid.

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

Having just read this little squabble, you’ve misquoted and entirely missed the point of JBFC II’s  original post. He said that in your system only the CHAMPIONS from the big countries could win the cup. You’ve implied he said only TEAMS from the big countries could win, and said there’s no difference then, You’re the one having the mare I’m afraid.

Ok, thanks mate ?

On 24/11/2018 at 20:58, man in the middle said:

As a city fan for over 30 years I’ve seen city play in every division excluding the top league, I’d love to see that at least once in my life time but if this never happens, you know what I don’t really care as a win in league 2 feels just as good as a win in the championship.

SL obviously wants city to be the best it can be but with only 20 places available in the top league and 6 of them taken up by mega big clubs we can’t all be there.

we’re all peed off at the moment but SL will always want what’s best for the club and maybe he’ll make some mistakes along the way.

He has made a mistake, but doesn't want to admit it, by sacking LJ

On 26/11/2018 at 18:14, JBFC II said:

If they made it just the champions of European countries only the champions from England, Spain, Germany, Italy and france would be in with a chance of winning it. 

Makes much more sense money the way its done... 

Corrected for accuracy/greed.

19 hours ago, Loon plage said:

I don't disagree with you. I think his heart is definitely in the right place, but he thinks he knows best and its his club after all. He can be a good hearted person but he seems to allow personal relationships to get in the way of what he has stated as his aim. Therefore I maintain he is simply talking the talk.

Its up to him isn't it, and he is definitely still in credit with the vast majority of fans, although I think a number no longer see him as "the saviour" of our club

I think his intentions are good but I think he is dreaming when asking LJ to get us to the prem with a bunch of talented kids and one or two with good solid experience and consistent talent. 

in other words,we would have to get very lucky to land a squad of talent that have the maturity to succeed, ie tammy Abraham type players

Archived