IGNORED

Clapping sent off players

MrBibs

I am the only one who doesn't get the applauding of players when they get sent off?

When Brownhill got his red a lot of our fans applauded him off.  This seems to happen a lot when players are sent off. It was bad enough 11 v 11 but at least we were in the game and a point was looking possible  Once he was off there was only going to be one result..

8 hours ago, Super said:

No idea when he clearly cost us the game.

I guess people didn’t know at that point. I only watched on tv but the general opinion is that we were at least holding our own until then. I didn’t see the first yellow to be fair, but heard it was a soft one , not that anything excuses him from diving in rashly when the ball was going nowhere in particular for the second. We’ve playedcplenty of teams who have gone down to 10 men, sometimes earlier in the game too. It doesn’t automaticallly signify a win for us so why should losing a man be a loss, likely not not a certainty. Mental and physical strength, andcwe crumbled on both accounts maybe?

As mentioned, if the player had a good game until then and I feel the sending off was unjust then I will applaud the player for his efforts as such and try to spur on the remaining players. 

I clapped him too. Felt it was like an acknowledgement, yes you've been naughty Josh, but I don't hate you.

Funny, earlier in the day I was wondering who was going to get sent off (seems to be a regular occurrence at Elland Road) but I was imagining a Matty Taylor type fracas instead. :city:

Archived