IGNORED

Drink Up Thee Zider + One for the Bristol City required for City fan Geoff Smith's commemoration service

Curr Avon

I'm hoping that one of you fine people can help my friend Roger commemorate his father with an MP3 of the original, Drink Up Thee Zider, sung by Adge Cutler, at a service of remembrance which will be held in Melbourne, Florida, on Thursday December 6th.

Geoff Smith of Florida, and Yate, sadly passed aged 74, on Friday November 23. A fan since 1955, Geoff was a veteran of Crackers Corner and passionate about all things City (especially online!) and experienced all the great highs and lows during 60 years support.

Roger will be flying out to Florida next Tuesday and he'll be over the moon to hear Adge's dulcet tones at his father's service.

Geoff Smith, you'll be very much missed.

Please reply, or message me.

Thanks

Mark T

57 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

I'm hoping that one of you fine people can help my friend Roger commemorate his father with an MP3 of the original, Drink Up Thee Zider, sung by Adge Cutler, at a service of remembrance which will be held in Melbourne, Florida, on Thursday December 6th.

Geoff Smith of Florida, and Yate, sadly passed aged 74, on Friday November 23. A fan since 1955, Geoff was a veteran of Crackers Corner and passionate about all things City (especially online!) and experienced all the great highs and lows during 60 years support.

Roger will be flying out to Florida next Tuesday and he'll be over the moon to hear Adge's dulcet tones at his father's service.

Geoff Smith, you'll be very much missed.

Please reply, or message me.

Thanks

Mark T

Have downloaded it on mp3 

if you have a e-mail address can try and send it to you

• Admin
Just now, Curr Avon said:

I'm afraid so Chris.

Oh, I’ve just got in from seeing a gig in Bath, had a really good night and now this to put a downer on the evening, used to love Geoff’s Internet rants, enjoyed a beer or two with him wearing the cider drinking squid tee shirt, condolences to Roger and the rest of his family, another great City character has left us.  RIP Geoff.

Just now, Maesknoll Red said:

Oh, I’ve just got in from seeing a gig in Bath, had a really good night and now this to put a downer on the evening, used to love Geoff’s Internet rants, enjoyed a beer or two with him wearing the cider drinking squid tee shirt, condolences to Roger and the rest of his family, another great City character has left us.  RIP Geoff.

Thanks, Chris. I'll pass that on.

Geoff goes back more or less to the start of City on the internet in the late nineties and was as passionate and good humoured as they come. Met him a few times at the Nova Scotia, and although he lived in the US, had the good fortune that he added me on Facebook and took an interest in anything City related. As "bcfc55@aol.com" (I think it was) he will have left an indelible mark on all those who read the City List before even the days of OTIB. A true gentleman and always interested in others views. 

May he rest happily in peace.

You can download one for the Bristol City (circa 2007/8) from I tunes for £2. It has a few of the team and Gary Johnson sat in the stands with the wurzels. The ‘B’ side is an old live version of drink up the zyder!! 

Type in Bristol City on iTunes and it’s the top hit. 

Hope you get everything sorted. 

• Admin
50 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Thank you for all your help and messages which I have passed on to Roger.

If anyone has access to an MP3 of 'One for the Bristol City' that'll also be very much appreciated.

Just sent you one Mark, please let me know if it's OK, I have just converted it from iTunes - first time I've tried a converter.

1 hour ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Sad times

Geoff was a legend on the City List. His passion was clear and his knowledge about pretty much everything was different level.

RIP

I remember being at Brentford away with Geoff (on one of his visits to the UK), pretty sure it was a boxing day game, Tommy Black on loan from Palace was playing for us.

Geoff had about his person a small bottle of whisky that he had smuggled in under his hat.

Fair to say he was the only person on that afternoon who didn't end up feeling the cold on the terrace.

Please pass on my condolences. 

I met Geoff at Wigan Athletic. He was wearing a pair of bright red boots but he did have a pint in his hand.

Geoff was excellent on the Citylist and once explained what his job role at NASA was. It was rocket science! 

I think all of us on the Citylist congratulated him when he got married to Heather. Geoff was very empathetic when I announced my wife was going through cancer treatment.

When we played Hull at that Wembley game, Ed suggested we could phone him in Florida as Geoff wouldn't be there. At half-time I duly did on my mobile. The conversation went something like...

"Hello?"

"Hello Geoff?"

"Can't hear you. Hello?"

"Hello Geoff, Can you hear me?"

"Hello?"

"Geoff, I can't hear you. The noise hear is too loud for me to hear you."

"Who is this?" 

"It's Martin at Wembley. Ed thought it would be a good idea to phone you with our match thoughts."

"Hello?"

I think Geoff appreciated the gesture!

I'll be raising a glass in Florida's direction tonight.

Archived