IGNORED

Is being a footballer boring!?

CyderInACan

Are footballers boring is more apt .... how many have real hobbies or interests other than golf and .... golf .... and  ... most footballers have nothing inspiring other than money and cars and women and ... golf.  Which is what you might expect given that maybe 1% of players have A*-C (5) GCSE's never mind an 'A' Level ... 

I'm not for one second sympathising with them given their ridiculous salaries and pampered lifestyle outside the game, but yes it must be excruciatingly dull. Long hours of training, living on a strict regime in terms of diet and social life, all the travelling, nights staying in dull hotel rooms in Stoke, having to constantly give soundbites to journalists. And when you get time off its likely to be a Wednesday morning or something.

7 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Let's set up a crowd-funding page for the poor luvvies.

Being bored must be hell.

If only they could have the same pressures and stresses that we experience; they'd be so much happier.

Well one of the problems of the life of a player is the amount of downtime leads a lot to gambling to fill time and having to the riches to think it won't affect them. 

11 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Well, struggling to stay awake on the night shift in a shitty chemical works, I was acutely aware how boring their lives must be.

Mind you, as most of them are pigshit thick dullards, listening to their (c)rap on those dumbarse headphones....they are welcome to it. (Yes, I've had not much sleep,...   # and grumpy as ****!!)

# which is understandable when you're in pain down below, get well soon. :) 

Archived