IGNORED

Who do you think they are?

Roadrunner

Of the players out on loan, how many could be recalled and be given a chance in the first team. Who knows young footballers wanting to make an impression. New ideas new energy. I will start the ball rolling, Jonny Smith at Tranmere and Zak Viner at Rotherham. I know some are on season long loans. But if we could get them back who would it be.

14 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Of the players out on loan, how many could be recalled and be given a chance in the first team. Who knows young footballers wanting to make an impression. New ideas new energy. I will start the ball rolling, Jonny Smith at Tranmere and Zak Viner at Rotherham. I know some are on season long loans. But if we could get them back who would it be.

I'm not sure it would make a great deal of difference. We have talent at the club, clearly

Niclas, Lloyd, Josh, Webster etc

It's the tactics/team selection/subs/ general nous that seems to be the main problem right now

Who can we put this down to, I wonder?

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Is Clarke gone?

He would be no good for us. He, like LJ, lacks motivational skills. As GJ showed, you can motivate a poor bunch of footballers to overachieve. Someone who can do that right now is what we need, not personnel tweaks. Or should we blame the 11 individuals- Diedhoue- etc for looking like they don't give a shit, when they have a bloke on the touchline who thinks he's Guardiola, changing system multiple times a game,  but cannot back it up. 

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

He would be no good for us. He, like LJ, lacks motivational skills. As GJ showed, you can motivate a poor bunch of footballers to overachieve. Someone who can do that right now is what we need, not personnel tweaks. 

eh? i wasn't saying for us  :laugh:

23 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

I think you need to look at the levels first.

Anyone Playing for Torquay - nah, too much of a step up. They have to be a regular in the league. This rules out McClouskey and Semenyo (latter played a lot but not week in - week out)

Realistically, there also isn’t much issue in defence - ruling out Moore and Vyner.

For me, only one name stands out. We’ve been short there this season and he’s had rave reviews. That’s Tyreeq Bakinson.

Not saying we should recall, but he’s the only candidate.

4 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Stevie to the Gas? When there;s a job goin

I would honestly have him back in a heartbeat. He got sacked because he publicly showed the board up rather than be their fall guy. It's about time the suits upstairs corked the champagne he put on ice for them, realised he, or someone like him, was right and appreciated we aren't gonna progress the 'beautiful' way. Every season one team gets promoted and you think how the f did they do that- Neil Warnock last year case in point. You don't win promotion from the championship by trying to be premiership- ask Aston Villa, ask Derby.  You do it by being dogged and by being functional. That's what Allardyce did to both West ham and Newcastle, and got them straight out  

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

I would honestly have him back in a heartbeat. He got sacked because he publicly showed the board up rather than be their fall guy. It's about time the suits upstairs corked the champagne he put on ice for them, realised he, or someone like him, was right and appreciated we aren't gonna progress the 'beautiful' way. Every season one team gets promoted and you think how the f did they do that- Neil Warnock last year case in point. You don't win promotion from the championship by trying to be premiership- ask Aston Villa, ask Derby.  You do it by being dogged and by being functional. That's what Allardyce did to both West ham and Newcastle, and got them straight out  

I think you are right

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think you need to look at the levels first.

Anyone Playing for Torquay - nah, too much of a step up. They have to be a regular in the league. This rules out McClouskey and Semenyo (latter played a lot but not week in - week out)

Realistically, there also isn’t much issue in defence - ruling out Moore and Vyner.

For me, only one name stands out. We’ve been short there this season and he’s had rave reviews. That’s Tyreeq Bakinson.

Not saying we should recall, but he’s the only candidate.

Think Baker may go in January, so possibly Vyner back.

If someone offered us £4m+ for Diedhiou I reckon we’d take it.

Archived