IGNORED

Niclas Eliasson

AppyDAZE

Lots of disappointment tonight, and rightly so but a word for this kid

City's best player by some distance

Shame half the time there was no one in a position to take advantage of his crosses and positive play

Well done, Niclas , you have a good future in the game, I'm certain of it:clap:

6 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Lots of disappointment tonight, and rightly so but a word for this kid

City's best player by some distance

Shame half the time there was no one in a position to take advantage of his crosses and positive play

Well done, Niclas , you have a good future in the game, I'm certain of it:clap:

Glad somebody did a thread for him , and Sec 18 started the song for him

Watching the Ipswich game back .closely , and today he was excellent

On Weds night his enthusiasm and desire was so noticeable and he worked really hard in both directions for 90 mins

Not physically strong and sometimes doesn’t have the sharpness for clever linking but really gives it his all  and a great left foot

Thought the balls he repeatedly whipped in today were excellent

Was really pleased for him as it looks like he feels he’s justifying his place 

One negative though (Same for Kelly too) is the crossing towards the end today. Its obvious that ball wasn't working to try something else like a low cross or beat the man. This could of course be because LJ specifically said to play like this but still - not great when we needed something different to unlock the door.

7 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

So frustrating for him. Creates the space . Looks up and crosses it in to no one. 

That is my only criticism, that he’s not always trying to pick someone out.

Amazing in 135 minutes what we can see from a player playing on his natural side.

Lets not forget Pisano got a couple of decent crosses in today from the other side, one flicked on by Brownhill to Diedhiou to head against the bar..  Much maligned, but he had a good game today

Just now, Davefevs said:

Amazing in 135 minutes what we can see from a player playing on his natural side.

Lets not forget Pisano got a couple of decent crosses in today from the other side, one flicked on by Brownhill to Diedhiou to head against the bar..  Much maligned, but he had a good game today

That's because there is no one to pick out.
I actually saw him wave players into the box before crossing ...  you couldn't make it up

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Always a dilemna but if you listen to Shearer , Lineker they always say , put it in there , if I know it’s  coming* in I can make my run

I actually like the way he doesn’t  even need to beat his man , was whipping balls in behind their Centre Halves , with pace , and bend tha5 also took the keeper out the equation -

they were only missing his teammates bothering to hit the box,  and Famaras apparent complete inability to attack a cross

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Always a dilemna but if you listen to Shearer , Lineker they always say , put it in there , if I know it’s  coming* in I can make my run

I actually like the way he doesn’t  even need to beat his man , was whipping balls in behind their Centre Halves , with pace , and bend tha5 also took the keeper out the equation -

they were only missing his teammates bothering to hit the box,  and Famaras apparent complete inability to attack a cross

Agree.  It’s got to come from the first opportunity to get the cross in though.  As soon as you check and go again, the striker loses his advantage.  Fammy has to go front stick some times even if it goes over his head.

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Duric would be in his element 

Thought that earlier.

Agreed. Was MOM by a long way, the only one out there today looking to get at Millwall everytime he had the ball, also noticed how good defensively he was too! Put some great crosses in today, and on one of them Diedhiou was just jogging into the box unmarked with no determination at all to get on the end of an Eliasson cross :facepalm:  

1 minute ago, BCFC11 said:

This! Why oh why did we not hang on to him, til Jan atleast! Ridiculous decision especially as they knew Diedhiou was banned for the first 5 games.

Think it was his choice to go, not ours to sell. And he's yet to score this season at Salernitana! Don't get me wrong, I loved him, and have thought exactly the same about him and our style of play this season. But it's always easy to see what might have been! 

9 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Let's throw this one into the mix...

Think if Morison had been playing for us and not them today.

I'm guessing I know who might have won

Steve Morison reminds me a lot of Alby Wilbraham

ie a proper target man

Whilst driving home, Gary Owers said exactly that on RB after the game.  

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Whilst driving home, Gary Owers said exactly that on RB after the game.  

Missed that, but Gary talks a lot of sense. A good addition to the RB commentary team and not a club apologist by any stretch

RB is actually improving

Adam Baker, although we love the guy was awful on the radio . Never critisised anything ever

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Like the little nudge on Kelly just as the cross was delivered allowing him to outjump Kelly and set up their (F********) equaliser

Been there done it, another Wilbraham

In fact I’d go as far as to say if he’d been up top for us today, with Elliassons crosses , we’d have won comfortably

13 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Let's throw this one into the mix...

Think if Morison had been playing for us and not them today.

I'm guessing I know who might have won

Steve Morison reminds me a lot of Alby Wilbraham

ie a proper target man

Oi

Get your own points 

?

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

in other words one wily, streetwise ******

Yes. But his effect on our team would be immense. If you were not putting it in he would let you know, big time!....In fact when LJ does get fired having him here as a player/coach would make so much sense

16 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

in other words one wily, streetwise ******

....and leader.

Even stupid things like looking after the Costa Reward Card.  LJ didn’t need to police the squad, Alby did it.  I can’t blame LJ for letting go back north though.

Archived