IGNORED

Yeovil Tomorrow

Walshy

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's game. I saw a lot of Yeovil's games last season and if I'm honest would say that I enjoyed going to their games more than City's, because they play good attacking football (like we used to) which was non-existant under Danny.

They are quite a young team with good fitness and team spirit. They were unlucky to miss out on the play-offs last season. Most of their players are capable of playing at a higher level. They have two great keepers in Chris Weale and Steve Collis, Manager's son Lee Johnson has the creative vision that would see him as a long-term replacement for Tinman, and right winger Gavin Williams is a highly skilful right winger.

Watched their friendly v Bournemouth last week, and new signing Nicolas Mizra looks classy. Looks a bit like Anelka.

So with both teams playing attacking football, it should be a good game - and the weather's going to be great! Should be a good crowd and a good atmosphere cos a lot of City fans have a soft spot for Yeovil and vice-versa (When they thrashed Rovers 4-0 last season, the Yeovil fans were singing 'One Team in Bristol' which made I larf, so we could get all four sides of the ground singing that tomorrow! :dunno:

Guest Mad Mal (YTFC)

Yes, I am looking forward to this game. I watch City when we have no game and would love to see you go up this season.

We could not put out a few players against Bournemouth due to illness/injury. Jevons is class (wont play tomorrow - still injured). As you say, we do have some classy players and most Glovers feel that the squad is now much stronger. Certainly, Gary has brought in better than that released.

The new midfiekder, Mirza, is a great tallent. He is going to be a big star in Legue two, Div 4, Coke, Pepsi, Bottle washer legue (whatever they want to call it). We will have a couple of 1st choicers missing tomorrow.

You have not seen our new striker yet. 6'4" Bart (Tarachulski). When he adjusts to our style of play, he will be superb for us.

I also enjoyed the "one team in Bristol" chant against the Gas. It did sound good did'nt it?

Anyway, see you tomorrow guys and lets all enjoy it. The weather looks good too.

I'm not underestimating them, but, I EXPECT a good win.

Tins is taking a very strong squad full of players that would hope to start the campaign.

If these players are good enough to win promotion they should be very capable of beating Yeovil by two goals over a 90 minute period.

Pre-season or not, these players have 2 weeks from tomorrow to get match fit and cement a place and should be busting a gut to achieve this.

Anything less would be a cause for concern IMHO.

I'm not underestimating them, but, I EXPECT a good win. 

Tins is taking a very strong squad full of players that would hope to start the campaign. 

If these players are good enough to win promotion they should be very capable of beating Yeovil by two goals over a 90 minute period.

Pre-season or not, these players have 2 weeks from tomorrow to get match fit and cement a place and should be busting a gut to achieve this.

Anything less would be a cause for concern IMHO.

Exactly what we got. Don't underestimate them? Why? They were shocking :dunno:

Exactly what we got.  Don't underestimate them?  Why? They were shocking  :dunno:

And you'd be the guy with 'Neo' on his shirt at the game ... right?

Hindsight..... is a wonderful thing but in this case I'd agree that Yeovil were not much of a match really.

Don't forget though, AFC Bournemouth also beat them and they are in the same division ( If not league :dunno: ) as us.

Archived