IGNORED

My Aunts 90th Birthday

kevthered

Saturday the 1st Dec was my aunts 90th birthday and a few family members and her friends had a surprise party for her, Aunt Kath is a lifelong City fan and been attending games for 80 years, her birthday cake was expertly made by my cousin in the shape of a City shirt, that not only did it look amazing it tasted it too. Over the years she and her late husband worked hard down the supporters club.She has had a season tickets for more years than you could shake a stick at. Well done Kath I am extremely proud of you. She was there today

During a lengthy conversation with her about the City she announced to me yesterday that this will be her last season ticket and won't be bothering much next year. So I said why is that Kath is it because its getting difficult for you?....no she said  I can't be arsed anymore they're shit. I said that if she was a true fan she would still go and was a part timer laughingly she said I have had enough.

Sorry to start a thread but this football at the moment is so bad a 90 year old life long City fan has had enough....Personally I think she will still go as long as she got her health but I feel sad for her as City has been her life.

1 minute ago, kevthered said:

Saturday the 1st Dec was my aunts 90th birthday and a few family members and her friends had a surprise party for her, Aunt Kath is a lifelong City fan and been attending games for 80 years, her birthday cake was expertly made by my cousin in the shape of a City shirt, that not only did it look amazing it tasted it too. Over the years she and her late husband worked hard down the supporters club.She has had a season tickets for more years than you could shake a stick at. Well done Kath I am extremely proud of you. She was there today

During a lengthy conversation with her about the City she announced to me yesterday that this will be her last season ticket and won't be bothering much next year. So I said why is that Kath is it because its getting difficult for you?....no she said  I can't be arsed anymore they're shit. I said that if she was a true fan she would still go and was a part timer laughingly she said I have had enough.

Sorry to start a thread but this football at the moment is so bad a 90 year old life long City fan has had enough....Personally I think she will still go as long as she got her health but I feel sad for her as City has been her life.

Fair play to her

Should be getting a free season ticket 

Just now, kevthered said:

On behalf of everyone on OTIB, Robbored aside, can you apologise to your Aunt for the shit-fest that has been served up recently at the Gate.

Wish her a Happy Birthday for us, and if she would like a "Johnson OUT" polo-shirt, then drop one of the moderators her size.

:hug:

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Fair play to her

Should be getting a free season ticket 

F******g what for??

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

Well, she's got 25 years on me. But has she forgotten 1965 to 1968? Or 1979 to 1982? Or Pulis. Or Osman? Happy birthday and huge congratulations to her. 

At 90, the lady would have lived through the blitz.

Only Lee Johnson has stopped her coming to the Gate.

The situation is an utter disgrace, and I, for one, am OUTRAGED.

:ranting:

1 minute ago, ... said:

Well said. Bob was well out of order.

Whatever next? A free subscription to LJ's post-match podcasts??

:disapointed2se:

I'm on the verge of hitting the ignore button with BBSB for that one, poor Aunty Kath.

A subscription to LJ's post match podcasts....I reckon that's a Human Rights Issue!

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

Well, she's got 25 years on me. But has she forgotten 1965 to 1968? Or 1979 to 1982? Or Pulis. Or Osman? Happy birthday and huge congratulations to her. 

:laugh: She has done all that and can tell loads of City stories.She was working in the City club in 1982 and I bet then that she did not think 35 years on we would still not be in the Premiership

Archived