IGNORED

Who does our opposition team analysis?

Flagon

On 04/12/2018 at 13:01, marmite said:

One thing that confuses me. LJ will say for example we have set up 442 say to counter the opposition's strengths.  How does he know they won't switch to 433 or some other formation to counter our strengths?  If other teams don't change shape to counter us, why ffs are we always changing ours!? It's why we have no game plan or identity despite what LJ says.

Agreed. It seems to me that Johnson is constantly overthinking the tactics and trying to guess what will counter the opponents, rather than setting us up and sending them out to play to our strengths.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't be aware of the opponent's likely game plan and strengths and weaknesses, but making the most of what you have and taking the game to them from the first second is paramount.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It still needs understanding, assimilation and then translation into the things footballers understand and can take into the pitch. That is the art / skill. 

Was it Revie who used to provide his players with a detailed dossier on each player they would face directly in every game? Far too much detail for the average footballer to consume....

Archived