IGNORED

20 Games Played - LJ In or Out?

KINGERS

53 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Could you please provide a concise list of threads we have your permission to post about.

Team selection I believe is also off your agenda ,guess the attendance , lack of atmosphere,what train are we getting have also been done to death.

In fact the only the only original threads are indeed provided by NTTDS and at times  I'm looking for a charitable explanation that doesn't involve popular mind bending substances.  

36 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Suggest some new songs, he loves those threads.

He’s also keen to debate the merits of Scottish football in a fair and balanced way...

1 hour ago, KINGERS said:
When this season started I was full of optimism. Last years brand of exciting, attacking football, a finish in the top half (11th) of the Championship for the first time in 8 years and phenomenal performances against the Premier League elite in the Carabao Cup were still firmly in the back of my mind.

Wow, your op is truly epic and must have taken a while to write!  Exceptional points raised and a fine read indeed.  I am exactly dead centre and sitting on the fence, I don't see the point in calling for LJ to be sacked and it pisses me off when people do, but in all honestly he doesn't excite me as a manager of City and will never achieve a high level of success.  I can only see a gradual slide to Championship apathy and mediocrity.  I feel we need to move LJ on within the next year to find a manager who can motivate the players to raise the standard of the club again.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Not another anti LJ thread............:sleeping:

Jeez........I’ll ask this again, what is it about ‘ LJ is going nowhere’ that they don’t understand?    :dunno:

Its completely and utterly a pointless exercise. 

Just accept it and stop starting pointless anti Johnson threads.

Stop attention seeking and commenting on threads that disinterest you then . It’s pathetic 

Still out for me but I suppose it depends on who we'd realistically bring in to replace him.

Usually, I'd be happy after a win, and whilst I am happy with 3 points I'm not happy with that performance, so much lumping it up aimlessly, poor passes in dangerous parts of the pitch and no real sense of where we'd score a goal.We still lacked creativity today and our winning goal came from a corner, had Fammy not headed that home I don't think we would have scored from open play.

Where we are in terms of league position I'm fine with that, it's the performances and lack of identity to our football that is bothering me so much. At this point it's too late to release LJ and let's face it, with a mid-table position they're not going to so my main concern is January, I hope for the clubs sake that they some really promising targets lined up who can hit the ground running and LJ is willing to drop some of his untouchables to get them on the pitch. I like Patto but he needs dropping, right now he looks so poor and yet he plays week in, week out. Dropping him and making him start to fight for his position could do him a world of good all whilst allowing someone who's going to offer more on the pitch some time to play.

At this point we're coming up to LJ's third anniversary of getting the job and whilst many can argue they've seen progression for the first two I think it's fair to say the last year has been very much the opposite with us declining both in performances and quality of players.

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Still out for me but I suppose it depends on who we'd realistically bring in to replace him.

Usually, I'd be happy after a win, and whilst I am happy with 3 points I'm not happy with that performance, so much lumping it up aimlessly, poor passes in dangerous parts of the pitch and no real sense of where we'd score a goal.We still lacked creativity today and our winning goal came from a corner, had Fammy not headed that home I don't think we would have scored from open play.

Where we are in terms of league position I'm fine with that, it's the performances and lack of identity to our football that is bothering me so much. At this point it's too late to release LJ and let's face it, with a mid-table position they're not going to so my main concern is January, I hope for the clubs sake that they some really promising targets lined up who can hit the ground running and LJ is willing to drop some of his untouchables to get them on the pitch. I like Patto but he needs dropping, right now he looks so poor and yet he plays week in, week out. Dropping him and making him start to fight for his position could do him a world of good all whilst allowing someone who's going to offer more on the pitch some time to play.

At this point we're coming up to LJ's third anniversary of getting the job and whilst many can argue they've seen progression for the first two I think it's fair to say the last year has been very much the opposite with us declining both in performances and quality of players.

Who on earth would want to come here if LJ gets sacked for what he's done so far?  Get real.  Look at the teams we're competing with and realise how far we've come

Think we are doing ok with the team we have. Today we showed we can be nasty and play hard. We are midtable and think our team is doing ok. Dont understand why LJ would be sacked. If we were bottom of the table after 20 games he had gone. Last season we were 11, this season I think we will be higher in the table , COYR!!!

Judging on results, it is hard to justify sacking LJ at the moment. But performances are unexciting and it is clear a sizeable number fans are very unhappy with what they are watching.

At this moment, I want SL to be true to his word on the targets set at the start of the season. Fail to get a top ten finish and we need to make a change - sooner if underwhelming performances continue and our losing streak resumes...

1 hour ago, red panda said:

Who on earth would want to come here if LJ gets sacked for what he's done so far?  Get real.  Look at the teams we're competing with and realise how far we've come

LJ hasn't done anything incredible other than the cup run, plenty of managers do better jobs with less. As I said, I would let him go depending on who we'd replace him with and realistically at this point this job would not be favourable. 

That doesn't make him the right man to take us forward mind, in terms of quality of our squad we've not progressed, we've done the opposite.

Archived