IGNORED

Brum Player Ratings

Davefevs

Good to see people finally coming to the realisation that Weimann is more often than not entirely ineffective on a football pitch and aren’t handing him a 6 or 7 just because he “ran about a lot”.

https://www.bristol247.com/sport/football/view-weimann-better-striker-reid/

I remember reading this back in August and it seemed bizarre to be making such a suggestion after 5 games of football. Seems even sillier now.

1 hour ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Good to see people finally coming to the realisation that Weimann is more often than not entirely ineffective on a football pitch and aren’t handing him a 6 or 7 just because he “ran about a lot”.

https://www.bristol247.com/sport/football/view-weimann-better-striker-reid/

I remember reading this back in August and it seemed bizarre to be making such a suggestion after 5 games of football. Seems even sillier now.

He did look good earlier in the season, probably up to the Blackburn game, but has not hit the heights since.  Things change, players lose form.  Those views might have been premature but you can only go on the evidence seen up to that point.  You are right that you can’t just judge on running about a lot, but if it’s clever movement to create space for others you can give credit for that.

But of late, he has been poor in the main.  I thought he was alright v Millwall, but did nowt yesterday.

Decision now: do you change a winning team.  I know lots will be clamouring for O’Dowda to start next week v Norwich, but there’s also Watkins and Adelakun to consider too.

Some will say Eliasson wasn’t very good yesterday, but I think we need to keep building the relationship between him and Kelly.  That’s not to say he must play every game, but let’s not make drastic changes next Saturday.  A simple COD for Weimann would seem a sensible tweak.

Archived