IGNORED

Barry Bannan

AppyDAZE

1 minute ago, Owl Visiting said:

Just picked up his 10th booking of the season the naughty boy. He's recently signed a new contract until 2021 so don't think he's for sale to be honest. We're under pressure to balance the books to avoid another embargo but it appears the chairman doesn't want to sell our best players. Instead it seems he's frozen out some of the less effective high earners to avoid paying bonuses etc and triggering automatic new deals. If there is one player at the club who's not for sale I'd say it's Bannan. 

I think he's on around 30k a week as suggested in the thread, not sure if you pay those sort of silly wages at this level anyway? 

Got anybody else?

:laugh:

We have three very good central midfielders of differing styles, who appear to have a reasonable chance of "making it" to Championship level.

Walsh is the frontrunner, Morrell not too far behind and Bakinson, who could turn out to be the gem in waiting.

Add Jonny Smith, a regular starter wide left at Tranmere, Rory Holden now being used mostly in a role between central midfield and striker, Dowling, Lemonheigh-Evans, Andrews and Edwards.

There is a very good chance that we could get two or even more first teamers out of them, which would be a serious bonus for City both on the field and at the bank.

Exactly Cidered abroad plenty of talent in are ranks instead of spending ridiculous £££ on the names being batted about....... most of them have been around the club for a while and have grown and let's face it some of the players who are bang average and we've bought have stoppped them progression so I'd rather see them out there..... 

Archived