IGNORED

Last season's highest paid player

Kid in the Riot

5 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

WOW not sure how we're still actually trading if you think we we're paying those wages in the championship..... Can someone shed some light on wot BR was earning weekly to the point he didn't sign??? And maybe FF?? 

I’ve seen the figure £5k banded around.

BR was actually the lowest of the main 3 to leave by some way and the contract offered was spread over 3 years and not particularly attractive considering the season and work rate he'd put in..... I'll go back to AMBITION of the the club and why wouldn't you offer your prized asset from Bristol a better lucrative package over say 5years with incentives?? So yes the Cardiff deal was very appealing and close to his GF and family so good on him.. I think people would be very surprised if they knew the wage structure down there and who is one of the highest earners now GON is gone.

2 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

BR was actually the lowest of the main 3 to leave by some way and the contract offered was spread over 3 years and not particularly attractive considering the season and work rate he'd put in..... I'll go back to AMBITION of the the club and why wouldn't you offer your prized asset from Bristol a better lucrative package over say 5years with incentives?? So yes the Cardiff deal was very appealing and close to his GF and family so good on him.. I think people would be very surprised if they knew the wage structure down there and who is one of the highest earners now GON is gone.

Pato or Pack based on new summer deals?????

51 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The rumour was that Baker signed a new deal at Villa whilst in the Prem, for £35k per week.  I had previously guessed at a 40% relegation reduction, so had always guessed he was on low £20s.  So £18k not far off, and as you say, that’s basic, so whatever bonuses plus signing on fees etc, would make it a nice sum.

I suspect last season there was more disparity between his wages and others, but anyone who’s re-signed a contract in the meantime will’ve closed the gap, I suspect.

£35k per week is the tab Villa are picking up this season for Tammy. Shame, as he wanted to come back here. 

Not sure with MP and Pato deals from the summer but BR was less than the 5 quoted so gives you an idear...... We all loved Tammy but he was never going to stay with his talent even if he loved us. It didn't work out at Swansea because the style didn't suit but he's showing once again at this level his class and remember his age.... Not a seasoned pro just talented like some of are youth and maybe Eisa but rarely given a chance as apparently seasoned pro's are a better option......  

City loyal; this is the business of football not 'any other business'. Similarly in AOB one wouldn't have two or three people to do any one single job. One wouldn't borrow (loan) or buy 8-10 new staff for a business that uses 14 people for peak times in the anticipation of 1, 2 oe 3 proving successful. One could go one and I'm not having a go, just exemplifying football these days  aint like any other business. When we were great (top flight) we only had a tiny squad who played in tougher conditions or horrible pitches so this change has been gradual.

2 hours ago, billywedlock said:

I would  not be so sure. One of our players, one of the better ones, was proposed a 10k a week renewal contract last summer. 

Of course bringing players into a club can be expensive , and creates disparity , it is very hard. Balancing wage harmony, with the need to bring in better players challenges every club in the country. Just think what Rashford or lingard are earning compared to Sanchez for example. 400k a week vs what, 20 to 30k  ? 

According to press reports Lingard’s salary is £150k per week - it doubled after his World Cup performances in the summer...and other press reports say Rashford is on £55k per week but earns another £2m per year from sponsorship deals...

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

£35k per week is the tab Villa are picking up this season for Tammy. Shame, as he wanted to come back here. 

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

According to press reports Lingard’s salary is £150k per week - it doubled after his World Cup performances in the summer...and other press reports say Rashford is on £55k per week but earns another £2m per year from sponsorship deals...

As per my previous post to you....how do you know all this? 

As much as we all loved him here, and he loved us ... Aston Villa? There ain't too many more clubs in the Championship that as a footballer you'd rather be at in terms of profile.

Never really gonna come back when all things considered, sadly.

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

As much as we all loved him here, and he loved us ... Aston Villa? There ain't too many more clubs in the Championship that as a footballer you'd rather be at in terms of profile.

Never really gonna come back when all things considered, sadly.

It wasn't his choice, it was Chelsea's.  

19 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Why wouldn't Chelsea want him at Villa?

Nope, never coming here

I'm not saying Chelsea wouldn't want him at Villa. They did as Villa were willing to pay the vast majority of his wages plus a hefty loan fee where as we were not. All I'm saying is that we were the player's preferred destination. 

Because I am bored I will take a shot at everyones wages

Maenpaa 8k

Fielding 8k

Hunt 14k

Pisano 12k

Webster 11k

Wright 10k

Baker 18k

Kelly 5k

Watkins 12k

Eliasson 9k

Brownhill 12k

Pack 12k

Walsh 7k

Paterson 12k

Weimann 20k

Diedhiou 15k

Eisa 4k

Adelakun 6k

That is 195k a week which is close to 10m for the season. Have to add others like Dasilva, Kalas and younger players. What do we spend on playing staff per annum? Looking at it now reckon I am a fair bit off

37 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I'm not saying Chelsea wouldn't want him at Villa. They did as Villa were willing to pay the vast majority of his wages plus a hefty loan fee where as we were not. All I'm saying is that we were the player's preferred destination. 

Willingness vs ability to pay under FFP regs are 2 very different things which I reckon you know....parachute payments also should be factored in.

Maybe we could have had a crack of one season with Tammy BUT the payoff if we didn't go up might have been further cutbacks required next season.

If Villa have breached (when they finally release their accounts for last season that be a big indicator), then I hope they get a 12 point deduction- depends by how much their 3 year breach is but it could be worthy of that penalty.

Maximum points penalty I think is 21.

I know there is always going to be an interest in what people earn, but I don't quite get what the point is in this thread.

Taking these figures out of context, I.e. what other Championship clubs are paying it seems unfair to release this information if it is real. It isn't even reflective of a players earnings, bonuses etc are presumably factored in, most players will have agents fees etc to pay out of the total too.

Whilst some will complain that their pay is not reflective of the performance on the pitch, compared this point last season, I doubt that suggests the players and Management are working less hard, probably the opposite. I would imagine that LJ's is slap bang in the middle of what any Championship Manager is paid.

People also ask the club to sign "quality", or "proven" players, how does this happen if you are not paying the market rate?

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Wow...others have posted on here that Mark Ashton is on around £480k a year....is it usual for a chief operating officer to earn less than the head coach at a football club? Perhaps it is....it does seem to be a strange industry....

Probably reality in the top two leagues.

in what other industry would the CEO be on less than a manager and a manager be on less than his staff. 

Football as an industry is bonkers!

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Willingness vs ability to pay under FFP regs are 2 very different things which I reckon you know....parachute payments also should be factored in.

Maybe we could have had a crack of one season with Tammy BUT the payoff if we didn't go up might have been further cutbacks required next season.

If Villa have breached (when they finally release their accounts for last season that be a big indicator), then I hope they get a 12 point deduction- depends by how much their 3 year breach is but it could be worthy of that penalty.

Maximum points penalty I think is 21.

Not if we had less squad fillers / wasting wages elsewhere 

Archived