IGNORED

Marley Watkins

SCANTS-CTID

11 hours ago, JonDolman said:

What has happened to Adelakun? I think Watkins is one of those players that only plays well with a run of games, being absolutely match sharp and is a confidence player. He was quite poor when be came on. Harsh I know, but thats what I saw. 

I think he is the next Scott Wagstaff

Will probably rack up over 100 appearances for us over time....but us fans won't remember any of them 

Someone earlier said Weimann was knackered and needed to go off; that may have been the case but I thought as soon as he was switched for Watkins the energy level on that wing collapsed. Of course that might have been in part because the rest of the team did not seek that position out so much which is a little telling in itself. 

I do tend to agree that Watkins has not shown enough; his fault or LJ's matters not. 

IMO Watkins offers very little. Seems to have limited ability.

Taylor would have been ideal to bring on for Weiman to trouble the Norwich defence. Pity he's injured.

Nevertheless an enjoyable game, perhaps a little unlucky to not win. But a much improved performance over the past few weeks.

On 15/12/2018 at 19:54, JoeAman08 said:

Very harsh to make a topic about him after a few minutes but agree with the sentiment. He is a 2.5m investment over 3 years and is probably 4th choice at best. Yes he can play both wings and striker but none of them at top half champ level. Ok we did not know Eliasson would be as good as he has been but we go on about blooding young players and already had Eliasson, COD, Paterson, Adelakun at the club plus Smith who is getting closer. Waste for me

£2.5m?  He better not have been! ?

Think it was £1m, wasn’t it?

Archived