IGNORED

183 mins

sglosbcfc

Diedhou scores a goal every 183 mins this season. In other words a goal every other game. It was only a couple of weeks back that some 'fans' were posting on here clever comments like Dierhou and how he couldn't trap a bag of cement and of course the disgusting over the top applause at his substitution. His scoring record since we signed him is excellent and he is a real handful for defence sat this level. Of course he has had lean spells and of course he has had poor performances but I hope some of the people who were very scathing in their criticism feel embarrassed now.

in conclusion, whilst accepting football is a game of opinions, I'm very relieved that Lee Johnson picks the City team and not some of the 'managers' on here.

3 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

in conclusion, whilst accepting football is a game of opinions, I'm very relieved that Lee Johnson picks the City team and not some of the 'managers' on here.

I'm glad as well that Lee doesn't pick some of the 'managers' on here as well!

(I know what you mean really)!

16 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Diedhou scores a goal every 183 mins this season. In other words a goal every other game. It was only a couple of weeks back that some 'fans' were posting on here clever comments like Dierhou and how he couldn't trap a bag of cement and of course the disgusting over the top applause at his substitution. His scoring record since we signed him is excellent and he is a real handful for defence sat this level. Of course he has had lean spells and of course he has had poor performances but I hope some of the people who were very scathing in their criticism feel embarrassed now.

Somewhat over the top

Simply , if he put the effort in he did yesterday (And Tbf his touch etc were also better) no one would be raising questions or criticising

Leaving goals aside , His performances have IMHO been between ordinary and dreadful

Watching the game Back now and his attitude , application and approach was miles away from this seasons performances

Lets hope it and some others performances weren’t  for the cameras !

If it’s a change in him , good o 

and tbh , if the fans reactions have stung him , so be it 

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Somewhat over the top

Simply , if he put the effort in he did yesterday (And Tbf his touch etc were also better) no one would be raising questions or criticising

Leaving goals aside , His performances have IMHO been between ordinary and dreadful

Watching the game Back now and his attitude , application and approach was miles away from this seasons performances

Some of the abuse he got and the cheers he got when substituted was very poor, 

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Somewhat over the top

I think it's equally an over-statement to suggest that yesterday was the first time he's put in that effort. Birmingham last week was at least as good effort wise, just with less support. 

Interesting one effort v goals isn't it. Right back to the days of John Galley, through Tony Thorpe, players who get a goal every other game but don't put in a whole lot of effort will still get in the side. They'll be a hero the week they score and a villain the week they don't. But would you rather have a Matty Taylor, who puts in all the effort in the world, but doesn't get goals. 

20 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Somewhat over the top

I've said before he's a real Jeckyl and Hyde , one day very good next day Baz Savage. Don't know why not sure it's effort or commitment , but maybe confidence, maybe a bit of the role he's been asked to play. Anyway from the first touch yesterday I knew he would have a good game. Awkward ball, not just controlled but turned away from the defender , good touch and played it off. He did that many times over a full 90 minute performance. If he can do that regularly he will be a very good championship striker, he has all the attributes .
I hope that that 90 made the whole team aware of the levels they can reach and kick on.

17 minutes ago, harrys said:

Some of the abuse he got and the cheers he got when substituted was very poor, 

I sometimes think the abuse is aimed , or because of LJ. He does wait a long time to make subs, you can see players struggling with form or fitness, or just plain knackered for some time before a change comes, I think this comes out in frustration from the crowd when the change eventually comes.

30 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I think it's equally an over-statement to suggest that yesterday was the first time he's put in that effort. Birmingham last week was at least as good effort wise, just with less support. 

Interesting one effort v goals isn't it. Right back to the days of John Galley, through Tony Thorpe, players who get a goal every other game but don't put in a whole lot of effort will still get in the side. They'll be a hero the week they score and a villain the week they don't. But would you rather have a Matty Taylor, who puts in all the effort in the world, but doesn't get goals. 

Didn’t see the Birmingham game tbf

Accepting your view on Birmingham ,Two in a row is even more of a positive

It's great to see him in stronger form now but does he always turn it on? No.

Compare for example his 2nd half especially v Millwall to yesterday and from what people have said, the Birmingham game.

Chalk and cheese, night and day. He's clearly got attributes (and still think medium term we need to be looking at O'Dowda and Eliasson on wings in a 4-3-3/4-3-2-1 if he'll play as our main striker).

However the attributes he has, the last 2 games- they really need to be the benchmark moving forward- okay players can't play well every game but in terms of at bare minimum his work rate, his application, making himself a real problem for the opposition- all needs to be at the level of last 2.

3 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

About a month back I did an analysis of each of our 3 strikers minutes on the pitch.

Fam had the best goals per minute, followed by Weimann, followed by Taylor.

But as for team goals whilst on the pitch it was Weimann, followed by Taylor, followed by Fam.

Funny old game.

I suspect if I re-did the analysis now, it would be different.

We seem to be getting more out of Fam at the mo’

Always thought he had something about him. However, he looked disinterested, over-weight and lacked the stamina for even 60 minutes match football this season. 

Yesterday, he began to look worth £5 million. Attitude was spot on - hungry and mean. Not faultless, as a few times if he’d had the energy/awareness to get in front of his marker he could have bagged at least one more goal... but nevertheless a vast improvement.

Well done Fammy. Keep it up lad. 

5 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Why should anyone be ‘embarrassed’ for having an opinion? This is a bit reminiscent of the ‘Johnson Outers’ thread - ie totally over the top ...... overall Diédhiou (Dierhou?!) hasn’t played very well this season....his touch and attitude have both looked questionable in numerous games....he played well yesterday, long may it continue....not sure this ‘embarrassing’ thread was needed though...

I wonder whether it's partly the "hidden racism" that everyone is talking about right now where some players have to try harder than others to be liked.

I think many performances this year have been excellent and the guy genuinely cares - you can see that when he scores.

He's big, powerful, a real handful and holds the ball up and finishes very well - a Championship Lukaku.

His goals against Ipswich and Birmingham were top drawer.

I think people love to single out players to moan about  [last night some numpty in the Dolman was saying he may score goals but he's still crap!!] I think he's more effective that Taylor or what I remember Jon Stead - but some fans still love them no matter what their goals to game ratio.

I think he has been treated extremely harshly by some on this forum.

As far as I can see he hasn't really ever had what you could call a real barren patch. He has been injured or suspended and has played his way back into form but even when doing that he has scored.

Just a case of some needing a scape goat since their last goat knawed through the rope and buggered off.

2 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I wonder whether it's partly the "hidden racism" that everyone is talking about right now where some players have to try harder than others to be liked.

I think many performances this year have been excellent and the guy genuinely cares - you can see that when he scores.

He's big, powerful, a real handful and holds the ball up and finishes very well - a Championship Lukaku.

His goals against Ipswich and Birmingham were top drawer.

I think people love to single out players to moan about  [last night some numpty in the Dolman was saying he may score goals but he's still crap!!] I think he's more effective that Taylor or what I remember Jon Stead - but some fans still love them no matter what their goals to game ratio.

So people who don’t rate him are racist?! What utter, utter tripe .....what made you post that I’ll never know but that is a disgraceful thing to say....

20 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He talked about ‘hidden racism’ and said that certain players have to try harder than others to be liked....in a thread about Fammy that obviously meant that people may not like Fammy because of his race....

Have you been reading all the media this week - try Stan Collymore for example on twitter (as recently as this evening) he is talking about Pogba. For what it’s worth (and I know people love to be offended on social media) I wasn’t accusing anyone of being racist, I have just said it’s interesting how some players have to seemingly try much harder than others to be loved by the fans.

3 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Have you been reading all the media this week - try Stan Collymore for example on twitter (as recently as this evening) he is talking about Pogba. For what it’s worth (and I know people love to be offended on social media) I wasn’t accusing anyone of being racist, I have just said it’s interesting how some players have to seemingly try much harder than others to be loved by the fans.

Nice backtrack.....I don’t read Collymore’s tripe....you implied that people don’t like Fammy because of ‘hidden racism’ - that was the term you used...

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nice backtrack.....I don’t read Collymore’s tripe....you implied that people don’t like Fammy because of ‘hidden racism’ - that was the term you used...

Shame you have written him off, he makes some excellent observations about Souness and his comments on Pogba.

If we just disregard all the opinions that have been talked about this week (mostly for the first time) then nothing moves on.

And i’m not back tracking at all, I’m asking whether it could be partly to blame for some opinions  - just not accusing individuals

2 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Shame you have written him off, he makes some excellent observations about Souness and his comments on Pogba.

If we just disregard all the opinions that have been talked about this week (mostly for the first time) then nothing moves on.

And i’m not back tracking at all, I’m asking whether it could be partly to blame for some opinions  - just not accusing individuals

I totally respect your opinions mate....and I didn’t say you had accused individuals of racism....but I can’t believe you think ‘hidden racism’ is behind some opinions about Fammy....anyway, no point just going back and forth on this...enjoy the rest of your weekend...

Archived