IGNORED

The Gatwick Drone (Merged)

Super

I see the papers have already trialled, convicted and sent these two down.  Granted if it is them throw the book at them.. but ffs did you learn nothing from what happened with Christopher Jeffereies?

• Admin
50 minutes ago, TomF said:

I see the papers have already trialled, convicted and sent these two down.  Granted if it is them throw the book at them.. but ffs did you learn nothing from what happened with Christopher Jeffereies?

Now released without charge, no longer suspects, the press does go off a bit prematurely ….

Their photos and personal details splashed all over the media, and they weren't charged, presuming innocence what a disgusting breach of their privacy. 

Ironically if they were guilty and tv shows like Caught Red Handed had damning footage, images mugshots etc.. even following conviction their identities would have been protected with blurred out faces etc...  (posted thread on this issue yesterday and I can't understand the protection given to convicted criminals )…… 

Yet innocent people who just happen to be suspected for some reason and end up released without charge as in this Drone Couple case are mercilessly splashed all over the media, (Cliff Richard springs to mind, and the Bristol landlord from Clifton who was wrongly accused of murder, who thanks to media coverage the poor bloke was virtually charged and convicted in the minds of much of the public before being proved completely innocent  except for having mad hair!).

As Tom F says above, I hope the innocent victims sue the arses off of all those responsible for this shameful reporting.

There's no problem with naming them. Use of their picture would only be a contempt problem if ID was part of the case against them. It's the manner in which they are named that's the issue. How far can you go in suggesting that they're guilty before they're even charged?

So that's the Mail in trouble then. The rest are probably safe.

Just a case of the police having their pants absolutely pulled down and made a laughing stock.

I can guarantee some muppet police officer has come up with the bright idea of looking on facebook for people within a certain radius of Gatwick who have drone pics on their page and then decided to arrest the couple. Police are absolute dicks.

13 minutes ago, northsomersetred said:

Just a case of the police having their pants absolutely pulled down and made a laughing stock.

I can guarantee some muppet police officer has come up with the bright idea of looking on facebook for people within a certain radius of Gatwick who have drone pics on their page and then decided to arrest the couple. Police are absolute dicks.

It sounds like their neighbours who they don’t get on with shipped them in.  Just shows you the police ain’t got a scoobie who carried it out. 

Which all leaves us back at square one, ready for yet another go.

There are systems out there that will allow an operator to fly the drone from afar - via the internet, it could be the perpetrator/s are in a different continent. The military have stuff like this.

30 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Which all leaves us back at square one, ready for yet another go.

There are systems out there that will allow an operator to fly the drone from afar - via the internet, it could be the perpetrator/s are in a different continent. The military have stuff like this.

They have a system in place now at Gatwick that'll stop flights over the runway.

8 hours ago, northsomersetred said:

Never jump the gun, just remember how corrupt our 'justice' system is

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46665615

BTW imo whoever it is is a legend/s

A legend?  For flying a drone over an airfield causing chaos to thousands, disrupting flights and holidays for families?  Get a grip.  You'd be properly pissed off if you had to spend 3 days stuck in an airport with no information on when things will return to normal, when your flight would take off....all because some total cock thought it would be a good idea to fly a piece of remote control plastic in the line of an approaching aircraft.

2 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Can’t believe anyone reads that or the red tops, they rarely hold any actual news within their pages.....

Agreed. Yet it's the most read news website on the planet.

I genuinely think if the Mail was binned off a decade ago then half of the nutty right wing would not exist.

On 23/12/2018 at 11:32, northsomersetred said:

Never jump the gun, just remember how corrupt our 'justice' system is

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46665615

BTW imo whoever it is is a legend/s

Do you have some sort of legitimate  mental issues, or are you on a wind up?  or are you getting bellend and legend mixed up.

Come on then I am sure w would all like to hear your reasons to give the perpetrator legendary status.

18 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

A legend?  For flying a drone over an airfield causing chaos to thousands, disrupting flights and holidays for families?  Get a grip.  You'd be properly pissed off if you had to spend 3 days stuck in an airport with no information on when things will return to normal, when your flight would take off....all because some total cock thought it would be a good idea to fly a piece of remote control plastic in the line of an approaching aircraft.

Well said, although I think you've gone a little easy on the OP

I’m very annoyed that terrorists have worked out the easy way to causing chaos rather than purchasing fertiliser to a flat somewhere which could be tracked by the security services, I was hoping they were a bit thick.

When commuting to London Bridge Station and walking to the City I couldn’t believe it when the barriers were removed from London Bridge.  Bloody thousands of people on an unprotected pavement.  

It was obvious stuff could happen to anyone, drones the same.  Whoever is in charge of this is either f’ing stupid or has no imagination.  You can shut down most places with legally purchased items if you really wanted to.

Archived