IGNORED

The Original OTIB

3 hours ago, italian dave said:

Morning Miah! What made you stumble upon this thread. You can't be that interested in our attendances! Which was it you thought this was about:

- the number locked out out at Oxford yesterday, or

- the number of days since you were last above us in the league?.

I like an attendance thread? We actually did sell out at Oxford yesterday btw, I couldnt get a ticket! I was holding out for a Celtic ticket and by the time I knew I wasnt getting one Oxford had sold out, so I'm claiming a 'virtual'sell.out!

1 hour ago, Dolman Block B said:

Confirmed at 19,756

44E49212-4934-41D8-A2AE-E09139D09765.jpeg

Not bad at all tbh. 1500 or so not turning up at this time of year is decent.

1 hour ago, Red Army 87 said:

The change in kick off time would have affected a lot of people on one of the more popular Christmas party nights. I planned to go to the game at 3pm and then onto a meal at 7pm. Sky sports ruined that for me and I imagine quite a few others.

Exactly this. The Norwich game is a very poor example to use due to all the external factors.

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

I'm no LJ lover (far from it) but there is an "agenda stick" going on to beat the club with. I'm sure the non-attendees percentage-wise are roughly the same nation wide .

Really?

Surely non attendance is likely to be higher when there is disenchantment/boredom amongst the fans?

It's really absolutely nothing to do with having an agenda to beat the club with - some of us are genuinely interested in attendances and how they fluctuate, and we don't appreciate the club swelling the actual attendance for propaganda purposes.

Call it 'tickets sold' and give out the actual attendance separately for those that actually used those tickets - like they do now, but quietly weeks later - and everybody's happy.

10 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Not bad at all tbh. 1500 or so not turning up at this time of year is decent.

Where do you get that figure from?

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Really?

Surely non attendance is likely to be higher when there is disenchantment/boredom amongst the fans?

It's really absolutely nothing to do with having an agenda to beat the club with - some of us are genuinely interested in attendances and how they fluctuate, and we don't appreciate the club swelling the actual attendance for propaganda purposes.

Call it 'tickets sold' and give out the actual attendance separately for those that actually used those tickets - like they do now, but quietly weeks later - and everybody's happy.

Sorry my bad, I forgot this is OTIB, the official amount that didn't turn up was 1451.

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

Sorry my bad, I forgot this is OTIB, the official amount that didn't turn up was 1451.

That's OK. You've just taken the difference from the first publicised attendance ( clearly a mistake as exactly the same number as the previous home game) to the 2nd revised figure given out later.

That's nothing to do with what we're discussing.

I.e. how many were there, and how many STH's didn't turn up.

19 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Really?

As said on here countless times...........it's NOT joust our club's propaganda machine, EVERY club does it...........so put that ****** stick down ! :cool:

2 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

As said on here countless times...........it's NOT joust our club's propaganda machine, EVERY club does it...........so put that ****** stick down ! :cool:

If people didn't come on here bigging up our 'attendances' as fact there would be no thread.

If you're not interested in the thread now they have, very easy - move on.

6 hours ago, pillred said:

IF, and there's your answer, we're not. 

Think you missed the point. I know we are not playing well - I go to games and can see that.

I was trying to set the gauge and get feedback to what the gauge should be so threw out a guess that IF we were playing well it would be 15,000 home fans.

So if we get 14,000 still the dissatisfaction is not that bad. If we get 8,000 it is but that presumes the original 15k baseline  was good in the first place !?!

10 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

How times change. 

You 'yung uns' may well have your half time phones, large screens and pointless pitchside supporter challenges but you'll never have experienced the unburdened, inter-half joy of cadging a Clark's fresh and newly delivered from the wooden tray, straining one's neck whilst balancing pie and programme to see what sign the fella and his magic bucket of numbers would place against the letter F (the utter shock if number was, too, a letter,) and the hushed anticipation when the tannoy broadcast: Today's attendance is....," for the number announced to be FEWER than those actually at the match. Throw in the military band.... small wonder so many no longer bother turning up.

Yes, I remember the days when the crowd was given out as 8k and everyone was literally laughing. Then HMRC discovered aerial photographic technology that could prove clubs were bullshitting and we started announcing correct attendances!!!

10 hours ago, PhilC said:

I gave up reading this thread a page and a half ago, but to throw my 2 pence in...

I didn't attend the Norwhich game as I was at a pre-paid Christmas meal. I also missed Brentford and Rotherham as I'm on holiday.

I'm sure one or two others are in a similar position...

I think people are making a bigger deal out of this than it really is.

Gave up?! You missed out on a beautiful little thread!

4 hours ago, Neo said:

Think you missed the point. I know we are not playing well - I go to games and can see that.

I was trying to set the gauge and get feedback to what the gauge should be so threw out a guess that IF we were playing well it would be 15,000 home fans.

So if we get 14,000 still the dissatisfaction is not that bad. If we get 8,000 it is but that presumes the original 15k baseline  was good in the first place !?!

okay then by that criteria reckon 11,500, though that depends how much it is £10 may see a few more than that.

On 29/12/2018 at 22:20, Nogbad the Bad said:

It shouldn't be, the definition of attendance is very clear.

It's more than misleading, it's false.

It maybe false/misleading but it's the same at all clubs. Industry standard etc.

Perhaps one reason is that it's a way to help form part of a pitch for bigger TV deals- well attended, atmospheric grounds make for a better 'product' and a better 'product' and expectations of such should over time yield more TV revenue, interest etc.

Hence in this argument, why you would publish the higher figure of tickets sold as opposed to actual attendees. The club will have to have the real figures- probably have to by law.

On 29/12/2018 at 20:50, italian dave said:

Interesting. Suggests that somewhere around 15% non attendance is the norm, and that regardless of how good or bad a run we are on. Higher %s end of season nothing games not a surprise. I don't get the Cup games though...??

The cup games aren’t included in ST games, so we have to buy tickets for those games.  If you’ve actually paid for a ticket not included in your annual sub, you’re more likely to turn up.

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The cup games aren’t included in ST games, so we have to buy tickets for those games.  If you’ve actually paid for a ticket not included in your annual sub, you’re more likely to turn up.

So, are those ‘no shows’ in the table no shows for ALL tickets, not just season ticket no shows? I’d assumed it was season tickets only. Maybe not, but if not that means that over 1000 people bought a ticket for the Plymouth game and then didn’t turn up!!

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

So, are those ‘no shows’ in the table no shows for ALL tickets, not just season ticket no shows? I’d assumed it was season tickets only. Maybe not, but if not that means that 1000 people bought a ticket for the Plymouth game and then didn’t turn up!!

Yep, no shows for all ticket types

21 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Really?

I think part of the problem with less bums on actual seats than tickets sold is due to the concessions offered to kids with Season Tickets.  I’m all in favour of it, but it’s not really an issue to by a parent with 2 kids season card (3 sales the bean counters will tell us), but not always use them, e.g. parent goes to game on own, but for the sake of £50 also has first dibs on cup game priority etc.

Would like to know the breakdown of season cards in each age bracket.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, no shows for all ticket types

I think part of the problem with less bums on actual seats than tickets sold is due to the concessions offered to kids with Season Tickets.  I’m all in favour of it, but it’s not really an issue to by a parent with 2 kids season card (3 sales the bean counters will tell us), but not always use them, e.g. parent goes to game on own, but for the sake of £50 also has first dibs on cup game priority etc.

Would like to know the breakdown of season cards in each age bracket.

Fair points Dave.

I'm not fully in favour of the £50 tickets btw. I can see it as a positive if the children go to most games, and therefore get the City bug, but if they're just going a few times a season when the weather's nice, or it doesn't finish too late, I don't see much point.

I'd review the policy if the tickets are seldom used -  the club will know - because you're just markedly reducing options for those who POTD.

Maybe for another thread but I'd have POTD for juniors in all stands @ £5, first come first served, this chaperoning lark up in the Gods must make the experience very tedious for young supporters these days.

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Fair points Dave.

I'm not fully in favour of the £50 tickets btw. I can see it as a positive if the children go to most games, and therefore get the City bug, but if they're just going a few times a season when the weather's nice, or it doesn't finish too late, I don't see much point.

I'd review the policy if the tickets are seldom used -  the club will know - because you're just markedly reducing options for those who POTD.

Maybe for another thread but I'd have POTD for juniors in all stands @ £5, first come first served, this chaperoning lark up in the Gods must make the experience very tedious for young supporters these days.

Good points Noggers

Archived