IGNORED

Towels provided for opposition

Allwaysred

Before kick off one of the Rotherham staff put a towel in each corner near the touchline. Scott Murray came over and chucked the one nearest me behind the barrier and one of the others he carried of. Good ole Scott ?  In the second half Vaulks had a throw in and asked the ball boy where the towel was. At a throw in minutes later i asked Vaulks where his towel was to which he looked round and smiled but didn't find it. Decent throw though.

30 minutes ago, RedReynard said:

Before kick off one of the Rotherham staff put a towel in each corner near the touchline. Scott Murray came over and chucked the one nearest me behind the barrier and one of the others he carried of. Good ole Scott ?  In the second half Vaulks had a throw in and asked the ball boy where the towel was. At a throw in minutes later i asked Vaulks where his towel was to which he looked round and smiled but didn't find it. Decent throw though.

Someone in the lower Lansdown stood up and shouted something similar at him....he already had a towel and mimicked drying his ar5e with it....dirty Northern Bar Steward ? 

49 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Forgive me and my naivety please peoples.

But what on earth are towels used for around the pitch? 

If it was sweat purposes or to dry a ball, most players use their own shirt right?

Am I missing something and getting a huge whooooosh?

As simple as sweaty shirt doesn’t dry a ball as well as a nice fluffy Towell Peg

3 hours ago, RedReynard said:

Said elsewhere Vaulks was giving it a little back to the crowd, but not in a dick way. Tidy player and came across well.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Towels provided. What was the name of that dodgy massage parlour on East St. back in the day? Pretty sure they had one going on Bath Rd.near the ITV studios.

Not for me, of course

I'm talking purely hearsay

It was Diamonds on the Bath Road.....a friend has just informed me ?

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Think the rules are either both sides have towels or they don’t....can’t just be there for one side only.  Of late long throws have been our only weapon, so denying towels might’ve hampered us just as much as them!!

That is correct. Same as watering the pitch, must be equal to all. I would be very surprised if the towels provided were from us, I have watched away teams pack up the coach or kitman van many times and the away team don’t get anything provided by the home club. Not even a towel to dry off after a shower so they won’t of had one for drying a football.

7 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

It was Diamonds on the Bath Road.....a friend has just informed me ?

I love that row of shops.  In the space of twenty yards you can get a pizza, a haircut, a massage and some Bristol Blue glass as a souvenir of a memorable day out.  If your health can’t take it, there’s Arnos Vale cemetery opposite.

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I love that row of shops.  In the space of twenty yards you can get a pizza, a haircut, a massage and some Bristol Blue glass as a souvenir of a memorable day out.  If your health can’t take it, there’s Arnos Vale cemetery opposite.

And a motorcycle..........,

..............which , if you’re riding , whilst trying to eat your post massage Pizza will probably see you in Arnos Vale with some broken Blue Glass

35 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

32 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And a motorcycle..........,

..............which , if you’re riding , whilst trying to eat your post massage Pizza will probably see you in Arnos Vale with some broken Blue Glass

Forgot of course the masseuse would have to be gentle around the area of your new tattoo which you got next door !

(Decent tattooists Tbf)

43 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Great post made me chuckle ??

Archived