IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly is back!

cidered abroad

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

We just have to accept that he’ll have the odd poor game.  I don’t think he’s been stellar this season, but he’s done very well for age and experience.

Think he actually is so comfortable and confident , and feels so in control, that he just gets sloppy or loses concentration 

Goid that he reacted well (By sounds of it) to being hooked , and then left out 

Think he did so once before 

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We just have to accept that he’ll have the odd poor game.  I don’t think he’s been stellar this season, but he’s done very well for age and experience.

True. It’s easy to forget he’s even younger than Joe Morrell.

24 minutes ago, Boston Red said:

Ince absolutely flew at Kelly and Kelly just stood there. He backed off, waited, read what Ince was going to, and then calmly blocked him or won the ball off him. Again and again and again. It was like Bobby Moore against Brazil in 1970. Well done Lloyd!!!

you couldn't have given him a bigger recommendation than a  link to Bobby Moore!!!!!!!

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I totally agree . Been better than a lot for a babe 

2 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Did a good job today against Ince who usually gets a goal or assist against us. 

Despite the odd bad game you can see the boy is class and he won’t be at City for the long term. 

He has been poor his last couple of games but he is still young so like most youngsters is inconsistent. Personally I think LJ has managed him very well taking him out of the firing line at the right time. 

44 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think he actually is so comfortable and confident , and feels so in control, that he just gets sloppy or loses concentration 

You could be describing Virgil van Dijk at Celtic.

On the Totally Football Show podcast recently Pat Nevin said he had recommended him to Moyes but Moyes said no, he's too casual and makes mistakes.

Nevin replied that that was because he was bored because he found it all too easy!

In due course Lloyd could be playing alongside Virgil perhaps.

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

You could be describing Virgil van Dijk at Celtic.

On the Totally Football Show podcast recently Pat Nevin said he had recommended him to Moyes but Moyes said no, he's too casual and makes mistakes.

Nevin replied that that was because he was bored because he found it all too easy!

In due course Lloyd could be playing alongside Virgil perhaps.

See also Rio Ferdinand

The idea of losing Kelly right now is one of my biggest concerns, it may not hit us straight away if he leaves but with our other option being DaSilva who is only here on loan it's a major concern how hard it would be to replace not one, but two left backs with a similar level of quality.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

The idea of losing Kelly right now is one of my biggest concerns, it may not hit us straight away if he leaves but with our other option being DaSilva who is only here on loan it's a major concern how hard it would be to replace not one, but two left backs with a similar level of quality.

If we dont lose him this month we will in the summer. Enjoy him while he is still here. Good news for us is that you can see a bidding war happening.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

If we dont lose him this month we will in the summer. Enjoy him while he is still here. Good news for us is that you can see a bidding war happening.

I think this a realistic view, it's also a major concern when you consider come the end of the season we could be without Kelly and will certainly be without Kalas and DaSilva. Our biggest strength this season is the defence and we're looking likely to lose half of it.

1 hour ago, Boston Red said:

Ince absolutely flew at Kelly and Kelly just stood there. He backed off, waited, read what Ince was going to, and then calmly blocked him or won the ball off him. Again and again and again. It was like Bobby Moore against Brazil in 1970. Well done Lloyd!!!

Except we won!

Agree with Bob Bob today. LK has been sloppy, looked complacent etc but it's his personality on the pitch. In fact today he was poor for an hour and when the 'Men had to stand up like Men' he was excellent for the last 30mins. Mind you all of the back four were really good

It sparks a good debate for the forum. Any LK deal to Lpool could look like Brexit: 50/50 it will be done, could be complex with dozens of different views on what is a good exit price, £5, 10,15m? Will we then keep him until May, have sell-on trade clauses, have a replacement LB signed up? So complex no-one on here can accurately forecast it and we certainly don't want a people's vote!! 

11 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Agree with Bob Bob today. LK has been sloppy, looked complacent etc but it's his personality on the pitch. In fact today he was poor for an hour and when the 'Men had to stand up like Men' he was excellent for the last 30mins. Mind you all of the back four were really good

It sparks a good debate for the forum. Any LK deal to Lpool could look like Brexit: 50/50 it will be done, could be complex with dozens of different views on what is a good exit price, £5, 10,15m? Will we then keep him until May, have sell-on trade clauses, have a replacement LB signed up? So complex no-one on here can accurately forecast it and we certainly don't want a people's vote!! 

No replacement required. Cam Pring is very, very good too. 

He’ll do for once Lloyd has earned SL a tidy sum. 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’ve said this before, for me it’s his biggest weakness currently. Concentration is a massive part of becoming a top player,  especially against top opposition. This will also improve with age no doubt. On his way to the top imo. Got to enjoy him while he’s here! COYR 

Archived