IGNORED

Free- kick disappointments

megansdad

Great result today and well deserved. Wonder though why we seem to not want to put the ball in the box. Numerous opportunities from free kicks today where we decided against doing so,  instead playing a short pass and then ending up going backwards. Hunt's ball for the second surely shows if you put the ball in the box anything an happen.

I suppose easier to find a purple shirt with short passes and skillful forwards like Pato and CoD. Can't think of anyone other than Diedhou who would score with his head today so the answer is probably 'the percentage game' - and Lee gets his numbers right much more than he gets them wrong 

46 minutes ago, megansdad said:

Great result today and well deserved. Wonder though why we seem to not want to put the ball in the box. Numerous opportunities from free kicks today where we decided against doing so,  instead playing a short pass and then ending up going backwards. Hunt's ball for the second surely shows if you put the ball in the box anything an happen.

I would assume , as we don’t have a multitude of aerial threats , we are trying to change angles , move defenders , to give us better odds

I didn’t see today , but that would be a routine reason

1 hour ago, megansdad said:

Alan Walsh knew how to take a free kick....loved him!

Archived