IGNORED

Huddersfield Cup game

daored

2 minutes ago, Jack Bailey said:

I get the logic but genuinely don't think that side has the experience and quality to beat Huddersfield (even with them resting some key players)

LJ will follow type - he will field a very strong starting 11 as this game is more than winnable. Also, we know he loves the media limelight on these occasions, swinging ball boys around, fist pumping and quoting from his book of cliches

Said elsewhere the cup would be a distraction for us, every game we'd win would mean another mid week game. Potentially going to have to go to boro midweek as it is. 

1 hour ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

I LOVE the FA Cup. We've got to treat it with respect and pick a strong team.

a. It's very winnable (this game - not the whole thing!)
b. I'm paying to watch!
c. A second cup run in 2 years would help with recruitment. ('They're really building something special down there in Bristol' etc etc).
d. This is the second most important competition of the year. We shouldn't put all our eggs in one basket.

Agreed.

A nice distraction with the added benefit (in my tiny mind) that, if we win, we dodge Middlesbrough away a week after playing Forest away.

They are in desperate form losing the last 8 and scoring 5 during that run albeit in the EPL.

It's winnable and we could get an easy game at home versus Man.Utd in the next round ?

We aren't going up and we aren't going down this season so a Cup run could be the highlight of the season as last year. On another thread many fans had Cup Ties as their best ever City moments so why not give 100 % to get into the hat for the 4th round draw!

My wish;

Therefore like to see  full strength team picked  and continue the momentum of the unbeaten run against what will certainly be a much changed and weakened Huddersfield side .Our next game is 7 days later v Bolton so plenty of recovery time. Players shouldn't need a rest , more than capable of playing Tuesday / Saturday. By all means bring on the youngsters with 30 minutes to go if we are comfortably ahead. Get Arsenal away in next round.

Probable outcome;

LJ rests 5 / 6 first teamers, gives debuts to 3 or 4 players  and we probably lose the match . Huddersfield draw Spurs at home in next round

1 minute ago, Marlborough Red said:

We aren't going up and we aren't going down this season so a Cup run could be the highlight of the season as last year. On another thread many fans had Cup Ties as their best ever City moments so why not give 100 % to get into the hat for the 4th round draw!

My wish;

Therefore like to see  full strength team picked  and continue the momentum of the unbeaten run against what will certainly be a much changed and weakened Huddersfield side .Our next game is 7 days later v Bolton so plenty of recovery time. Players shouldn't need a rest , more than capable of playing Tuesday / Saturday. By all means bring on the youngsters with 30 minutes to go if we are comfortably ahead. Get Arsenal away in next round.

Probable outcome;

LJ rests 5 / 6 first teamers, gives debuts to 3 or 4 players  and we probably lose the match . Huddersfield draw Spurs at home in next round

I’m slowly coming around to the idea of this. 

Archived