IGNORED

SSN Article

Tinmans Love Child

11 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Oh come on. As if anyone is defending Pato here. 

Hes been rubbish for 12 months now. He might have picked up slightly in the last few games, but still nowhere near his best. 

Saying that, why put in the effort if you know you’re just going to be picked week in week out regardless. 

I will defend him. He has improved considerably in terms of effort and he us being played in a role that doesn't often bring out the best in him. He still has the ability to wrighle through gaps that others dont have. We have seen he can finish in the past. Saying that if Palmer can do better I dont believe Pato is untouchable.

10 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Thanks for the stats.

Dack is a better player so no shame there but lagging behind Freeman, who he is perfectly capable of matching, tells its own story.

Fwiw, I can see why the manager continues to pick him - we are a solid enough team that just lacks a bit of creativity to unpick defences in the final third; Paterson is the only player in the squad with that creativity and, although not at his best, I think the manager is trying to play him back into form (he certainly won't rediscover it by sitting on the bench). That would be my guess as to why he keeps getting picked but what do I know.

Not sure Palmer is any more creative. I've never seen him as a player with that "x factor" but he's certainly a stronger, more robust, player and one who would add depth to the squad.

Not sure about that.

Paterson has 3 from half a season.

Palmer scored 4 in 24 in the season Huddersfield were promoted, then got a long term injury and was fit again only in time for the play-off final.

Paterson back to his best PLUS Palmer would definitely improve us, although this would limit the opportunities for Elliason, Adelukan and O'Dowda - how would we feel about that?

Playing devil’s advocate, Palmer’s 7 goals in the Champ have come from 28 starts, and the equivalent of 27.7 lots of 90 minutes. I think we should also factor in he started his Champ career at 19, now only 22, so still young...and plenty of development room.  I like this Signing, so biased, but I think we are getting him at a good time, both fir him personally and us as a club (upward trend through unbeaten run).

1 hour ago, hoxton casual said:

I will defend him. He has improved considerably in terms of effort and he us being played in a role that doesn't often bring out the best in him. He still has the ability to wrighle through gaps that others dont have. We have seen he can finish in the past. Saying that if Palmer can do better I dont believe Pato is untouchable.

I agree, that I’ve actually seen him sprinting back of late, whereas he just used to point and get someone else to do his running.

Agree with most that Pato has been poor bar the odd game or two for quite a while now, my opinion is that he is not a winger and never will be so, harsh to criticise him for that, LJ is to blame for putting him there whilst we have wingers aplenty watching from the sidelines.

Has LJ finally realised this, as it’s no coincidence that he’s now playing in his preferred central attacking position and is performing better each game (bar Huddersfield) and we are unbeaten in 9.

Archived