IGNORED

Progress? ...I believe so..

DeputyDoggie

Subjective opinion I know. Is a forum. For what it is worth here is mine. Purposely current comparisons to try to keep relative..

Would current day match team squad beat Cott's 14/15 promotion line up?..

Me hell yes. Don't get me wrong having followed city since the 70's Cott's team delivered one of the most memorable and thrilling season's. Bradford away 6 nil, Walsall 8-3, Swindle at home etc. Yet standard we play now is so much week in week out better. Our defence today would hold Cott's finest at arms length and nick one past Flint/Williams.

Would current day team beat that of Jan 2018 conquer's of Man U and all? Me reckon so. Not pretty mind. Just think current back 5 such an upgrade  on LY would over time grind out the result.

My point is this question - what is progress for you? Points and results no matter how steadfast they accumulate. Or thrill and adrenaline forgiving longer lasting achievement?

5 hours ago, DeputyDoggie said:

Subjective opinion I know. Is a forum. For what it is worth here is mine. Purposely current comparisons to try to keep relative..

Would current day match team squad beat Cott's 14/15 promotion line up?..

Me hell yes. Don't get me wrong having followed city since the 70's Cott's team delivered one of the most memorable and thrilling season's. Bradford away 6 nil, Walsall 8-3, Swindle at home etc. Yet standard we play now is so much week in week out better. Our defence today would hold Cott's finest at arms length and nick one past Flint/Williams.

Would current day team beat that of Jan 2018 conquer's of Man U and all? Me reckon so. Not pretty mind. Just think current back 5 such an upgrade  on LY would over time grind out the result.

My point is this question - what is progress for you? Points and results no matter how steadfast they accumulate. Or thrill and adrenaline forgiving longer lasting achievement?

First post, welcome to the mad house, always good to hear from another Dog on the board.

For me, since Championship consolidation has been achieved and then some, my mark of progress is City reaching the play-offs, and then after that gaining promotion.

Archived