IGNORED

Boring Premiership ?

Guest pogue mahone

Guest pogue mahone

Is the English Premiership stuck with being a boring 3 (now Chelsea are up there) horse race? Will it end up like the Scottish, Portugese, Dutch leagues? I know before only Man Utd, Arsenal and Blackburn had won it but it always seemed as if a number of clubs could challenge for the title. Now it seems no team will get close to the top 3. Will there be any change to this situation?

we can dream.on a serious note,i think if a buyer comes in (like chelsea) then it could be a four/five horse race....mabe more.but as it stands i cant see anyone joining them.but as for the teams pushing for a champs league spot,there are loads of teams which i thought would be nearer the middle-bottom section of the prem i.e charlton,southampton and others.

the scottish league....I'm sure (and hope) that the premiership doesn't turn out like that.

Until this season it was a 'boring two horse race' and Chelsea were only just considered to be contenders for a champions league spot. Now Chelsea sit top of the league. It alson wasn't so long ago that Newcastle were sitting 12 points clear of the league or that Leeds were in the semi finals of the champions league and challenging for the title (as opposed to being bottom!). Surely all of this proves just how quickly things can change, all it takes is a bit of money and a team can jump straight into the challenging pack.

Far from boring,winning the championship is just one element of its overall entertainment value.There are so many interesting side issues:Qualification for both champions & UEFA spots,the fight against relegation,smaller clubs over-acheiving,bigger clubs under-acheiving.

Sure it maybe just a 3 horse championship race this time around but the sheer sporting & business dynamics of the Prem. make its whole offering real entertainment.

Guest pogue mahone

lotus & dan, with all due respect that i've not heard so much **** since leaving the oxbridge society. dan, it's a 2-horser, and only sky and the supporters of the said clubs would have you believe that newcastle/leeds/liverpool were ever realistic challengers.

lotus, come back when you have learned about football. if you think that's interesting, i implore you to start an interest in the other leagues in europe.

Archived