IGNORED

When Rovers Lost Eastville

bristolborn_and_red

Guest johnhnailsea

Yes, Rovers did play a few 'home' games (2 or 3) at Ashton Gate after they left Eastville. Sorry, but as an older member of the forum the memory is going so I can't remember any more details, other than the fact that only a few of the few made the trip over to south Bristol to watch

Using Ashton Gate as their home ground eh? - now thats something you never hear them talk about - stricken from their history books like everything else they don't like - just pretend it didn't happen!

Actually no. It's on the FAQ section of our website and I'm sure it's in the defintive history book.

Beats changing your name to write off debts to local companies to save your skin though I'm sure you'll agree.

Actually no. It's on the FAQ section of our website and I'm sure it's in the defintive history book.

Beats changing your name to write off debts to local companies to save your skin though I'm sure you'll agree.

Why not every other clever company does it these days.

I will say this though those loyal 8 should have gone on to be compansated, without those players this club simply would not exsist we owe them a great dept of gratitude

No companies do it these days as it is illegal.

Well they all were in those days anyway

But let me ask you this 1 question if it was happening to Rovers would you have accepted that method or rather have gone to the wall? please answer me in a honest way

Yes, Rovers did play a few 'home' games (2 or 3) at Ashton Gate after they left Eastville. Sorry, but as an older member of the forum the memory is going so I can't remember any more details, other than the fact that only a few of the few made the trip over to south Bristol to watch

This is actually quite true. What can I say, you're all heart, thank you very much.

BTW I hope you are not suggesting that Bristolians are inbreds?

Well they all were in those days anyway

But let me ask you this 1 question if it was happening to Rovers would you have accepted that method or rather have gone to the wall? please answer me in a honest way

I'd rather save ourseleves in a moral way, like Geoff Dunford did by moving us to Twerton Park.

But if the two options were for the club to go to the wall or do what you did, I would rather survive.

EDIT: But technically the club did go to the wall, as it went on as an incarnation of what it was.

The way your lot are going you will soon find out. :dunno:

Archived