IGNORED

Kasey Palmer debut

Davefevs

On 14/01/2019 at 18:28, Alessandro said:

I believe Kalas is on just over 20k pw and Palmer about 20k pw. Da Silva would be less I imagine, potentially a fair bit. He is most likely financially to join us IMO. Palmer possible but would be a top earner; so we’d need to see that on the pitch from him. Kalas - well pay cut or we up our wage ceiling.

He was on 23k per week in 2017, even if he's still on that number the only way we'll keep him is by offering more, I mean why would any player leave a Premier League club  to go to another for the same pay and be locked in. At Chelsea he's pretty much in a position where he can leave when he wants and there is no way there won't be bigger clubs looking at him already as he's been a solid defender for quite some time. He could easily pick up £30k at another club and I doubt Chelsea will let him go for cheap. Unless he's different from 99% of footballers he'll go where the money is higher and the opportunities are the same or better. I wouldn;t be surprised to see Chelsea get £10m for him and for him to pocket a nice wage upgrade, I don't see how we can realistically offer that, no matter how good he is for us.

Archived