IGNORED

Time to sign

barneyrubble

11 hours ago, RedDave said:

People need to realise that it is highly unlikely Kalas would end up signing here permanently

A fee of £8-10m would first of all rule us out.

He is on £22-25k per week at Chelsea which we could probably stretch to.

However, I reckon there would also be the issue of about ten clubs above us who would want him, all the way up to teams like Leicester and Bournemouth.

These Club’s May also be happy to pay £30k +

I don't think £10m would rule us out and his wages are £21k p/w so if he was willing to make the move for a similar pay packet then he's a target we could land, the issue is that's wishful thinking. We can afford £21k p/w for a player of his calibre but the simple fact is if he's going to move club I'm sure he'll be expecting around £30k p/w minimum based on his performances and ability.

You're spot on about the other clubs, he'll be able to get attention from bigger clubs who can pay bigger wages. We need to enjoy Kalas whilst he's here and already be on the lookout for his replacement in the summer transfer window. If Kalas does go onto another club next season I do wonder if we could loan in Trevoh Chalobah from Chelsea as I think Ipswich are pretty much done in the Championship and he's got potential.

23 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

If teams like Leicester and Bournemouth wanted him then they’d have got him already. Likewise Boro and Fulham would’ve decided to loan him again in the Premier League after gaining promotion with him in the side but neither bothered. He’s 25 so not one they’d be buying for the future either.

So players have to join bigger clubs by time they are 25 or it won’t happen? Okay

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don't think £10m would rule us out and his wages are £21k p/w so if he was willing to make the move for a similar pay packet then he's a target we could land, the issue is that's wishful thinking. We can afford £21k p/w for a player of his calibre but the simple fact is if he's going to move club I'm sure he'll be expecting around £30k p/w minimum based on his performances and ability.

You're spot on about the other clubs, he'll be able to get attention from bigger clubs who can pay bigger wages. We need to enjoy Kalas whilst he's here and already be on the lookout for his replacement in the summer transfer window. If Kalas does go onto another club next season I do wonder if we could loan in Trevoh Chalobah from Chelsea as I think Ipswich are pretty much done in the Championship and he's got potential.

£10m is beyond us in my opinion 

10 minutes ago, RedDave said:

So players have to join bigger clubs by time they are 25 or it won’t happen? Okay

Depends if we look at it in FFP or pure cash terms, structure of deal etc. Let's take FFP.

4 year deal, £21k per week.

Annual Cost of amortisation=£2.5m per season.

Wages=Just over a million per year.

Total cost, about £3.5m per year/season.

Costly by our standards, but definitely doable, if we consider it to be worth it.

6 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Probably.  Would seriously scout Ajayi (Rotherham) though.  See what his concentration is like, what he does when his team have the ball, what he does against clever runners.  I’ve been impressed but only watch him when the ball is in his vicinity.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Depends if we look at it in FFP or pure cash terms, structure of deal etc. Let's take FFP.

4 year deal, £21k per week.

Cost of amortisation=£2.5m per season.

Wages=Just over a million per year.

Total cost, about £3.5m per year.

Costly by our standards, but definitely doable, if we consider it to be worth it.

If Kelly were to go, and the odd bit of dead wood too???

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Probably.  Would seriously scout Ajayi (Rotherham) though.  See what his concentration is like, what he does when his team have the ball, what he does against clever runners.  I’ve been impressed but only watch him when the ball is in his vicinity.

Some dead wood yes, I should add a caveat doable but maybe restricting purchases in other areas a bit. Remember though, players will be out of contract this summer- not saying we could do it comfortably but it won't push us into trouble either.

Also if he is an asset and maintains some value and we need to sell because, he would be a good one to sell- because we would probably make a profit in accounting terms, knock off the cost of amortisation too and the wages and it would free up good headroom.

I think if the price is not too high, we should definitely make a bid for him. Ideally though getting him on loan again next year- absolutely if possible would be a good solution.

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Some dead wood yes, I should add a caveat doable but maybe restricting purchases in other areas a bit. Remember though, players will be out of contract this summer- not saying we could do it comfortably but it won't push us into trouble either.

Also if he is an asset and maintains some value and we need to sell because, he would be a good one to sell- because we would probably make a profit in accounting terms, knock off the cost of amortisation too and the wages and it would free up good headroom.

I think if the price is not too high, we should definitely make a bid for him. Ideally though getting him on loan again next year- absolutely if possible would be a good solution.

Mäenpää, Fielding and Pisano are the only players out of contract this summer, with both keepers having a year option.

Wollacott and Holding too, again with a year option.

Yes, Kalas likely to retain at least his amortised value you’d think.  Reduces risk.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Mäenpää, Fielding and Pisano are the only players out of contract this summer, with both keepers having a year option.

Wollacott and Holding too, again with a year option.

Yes, Kalas likely to retain at least his amortised value you’d think.  Reduces risk.

Of those, I think likely we would keep Maenpaa, but definitely one of the 2. Pisano? I'm torn on. Whenever he has been in this season, especially in this run he has done- done well even- but age, pathway, Hunt- can we afford to keep him and Hunt? Because the latter is better going forward but Pisano perhaps better in tough away games where we have more freedom to play on the break.

Do we think they'll stay or? Doubt they will be on big or even moderate money anyway. Would have to say it looks unlikely but maybe look to keep to retain a bit of value.

Even if he sells a bit under his amortised value, it still removes say a sale in Year 2 for £4.8m- it's a £200k loss but it still removes £2.5m from the books both in Year 3 and Year 4, shown as such.

13 hours ago, RedDave said:

People need to realise that it is highly unlikely Kalas would end up signing here permanently

A fee of £8-10m would first of all rule us out.

He is on £22-25k per week at Chelsea which we could probably stretch to.

However, I reckon there would also be the issue of about ten clubs above us who would want him, all the way up to teams like Leicester and Bournemouth.

These Club’s May also be happy to pay £30k +

As per the other the other thread in the transfer forum, the poster that certainly seems to be in the know has said Kalas and Da Silva are available for around £8m combined. I think you would be saving a lot on the fee for Kalas rather than buying another defender of Kalas' class/experience so could in theory offer a higher wage  - the only trouble then is maybe upsetting other players.

9 minutes ago, wood_red said:

As per the other the other thread in the transfer forum, the poster that certainly seems to be in the know has said Kalas and Da Silva are available for around £8m combined. I think you would be saving a lot on the fee for Kalas rather than buying another defender of Kalas' class/experience so could in theory offer a higher wage  - the only trouble then is maybe upsetting other players.

I'd be surprised if we could get them for that cheap a price personally- Kalas alone maybe worth more than that in today's market and Da Silva a terrific prospect- would be an absolute snip however if that deal happens.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Of those, I think likely we would keep Maenpaa, but definitely one of the 2. Pisano? I'm torn on. Whenever he has been in this season, especially in this run he has done- done well even- but age, pathway, Hunt- can we afford to keep him and Hunt? Because the latter is better going forward but Pisano perhaps better in tough away games where we have more freedom to play on the break.

Do we think they'll stay or? Doubt they will be on big or even moderate money anyway. Would have to say it looks unlikely but maybe look to keep to retain a bit of value.

Even if he sells a bit under his amortised value, it still removes say a sale in Year 2 for £4.8m- it's a £200k loss but it still removes £2.5m from the books both in Year 3 and Year 4, shown as such.

As a back 5 we have (probably LJ’s order - debate, discuss)

GK: Mäenpää | Fielding | O’Leary (Wollacott, Sesay)

RB: Hunt | Pisano 

LB: Kelly | Dasilva (option to buy) | Pring

RCB: Kalas (Loan) | Wright | Vyner, Moore

LCB: Webster | Baker

No idea what we’ll do.  There’s a lot of ifs, buts and maybes in there....but shouldn’t need heavy recruitment in the summer unless we got big money for Webster or Kelly.

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'd be surprised if we could get them for that cheap personally- Kalas alone maybe worth more than that in today's market and Da Silva a terrific prospect- would be an absolute snip however if that deal happens.

I agree, but KITR did say we would be surprised how much we could have the pair of them for as we all seem to value him alone at least that amount it seems. Chelsea will have to get rid of a fair few sooner or later so they may well be in for letting them go for that. Da Silva may already be surplus to requirements and Palmer and they may just want to get rid as well. Go in with an offer of £11m for all 3 and see where it goes (although the Da Silva fee is already agreed).

2 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I agree, but KITR did say we would be surprised how much we could have the pair of them for as we all seem to value him alone at least that amount it seems. Chelsea will have to get rid of a fair few sooner or later so they may well be in for letting them go for that. Da Silva may already be surplus to requirements and Palmer and they may just want to get rid as well. Go in with an offer of £11m for all 3 and see where it goes (although the Da Silva fee is already agreed).

Maybe and yeah KITR is a trusted poster on here and rightly so, maybe Chelsea will have a bit of a firesale to prep for these new regs that are coming in- maybe worth us scouring clubs like Chelsea, Man City plus some big hitters in Europe seeing fringe players who maybe relatively obtainable and looking to loan/buy cheaper than they were anticipating due to the new rules.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Yep. I love Ajayi from the 5/6 games I’ve seen of him. Their best player at their place

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Yep. I love Ajayi from the 5/6 games I’ve seen of him. Their best player at their place

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Thanks for the typically sarcy reply and choosing to ignore every other point I made RedDave.

And you know full well that’s not what I meant but I’ll explain it for you anyway. Kalas hasn’t had concrete interest from a Premier League club at this stage of his career, despite 2 Championship promotions with 2 different clubs, with both of those said clubs deciding he wasn’t good enough to re-sign for the Premier League.

If he was still 21/22 years of age then yes perhaps a club such as Leicester would view it in their interests to sign the bloke given possible future potential. As it happens he’s 25 and will be 26 by the time the summer window opens and close to hitting his peak if not there already. He’s not played any differently with us than he has in previous Championship loans - so I’d say the chance of top half Premier League clubs suddenly showing big interest is unlikely but perhaps you’ll be right, we’ll have to wait and see.

Oh and Bournemouth a big club? Okay.

42 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Wonder if the amount of a loan fee that we’ve no doubt paid for JDS and TK means it’s something like £2.5m for JDS and £5.5m for Kalas. Could be a deal where we’ve already paid £1m or so for each, so JDS and TK would cost £3.5m and £6.5m respectively to anyone else but we’d be able to get them both for a combined £8m.

48 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Thanks for the typically sarcy reply and choosing to ignore every other point I made RedDave.

And you know full well that’s not what I meant but I’ll explain it for you anyway. Kalas hasn’t had concrete interest from a Premier League club at this stage of his career, despite 2 Championship promotions with 2 different clubs, with both of those said clubs deciding he wasn’t good enough to re-sign for the Premier League.

If he was still 21/22 years of age then yes perhaps a club such as Leicester would view it in their interests to sign the bloke given possible future potential. As it happens he’s 25 and will be 26 by the time the summer window opens and close to hitting his peak if not there already. He’s not played any differently with us than he has in previous Championship loans - so I’d say the chance of top half Premier League clubs suddenly showing big interest is unlikely but perhaps you’ll be right, we’ll have to wait and see.

Oh and Bournemouth a big club? Okay.

Bournemouth are an established Premier League club now so I would say they are a big club yes. A club able to pay £40k per week if they want and spend £15-20m on players. Pretty big that is.

Lets see where he goes. I reckon he will go somewhere a fair bit bigger than us but obviously I hope I am wrong. Would love him to sign here.

Expect Fulham wish they signed him over the crap centre backs they signed instead 

Don’t even need to argue over prem teams. He could go to a number of clubs across Europe. 10m euro and 25-30k euros a week is doable for a lot of clubs. Middling Serie A, La Liga and Bundesliga. Upper tier clubs in Turkey, Denmark, Belgium, Holland or Russia. Take those into account with lower prem and upper champ clubs. There are probably 40-50 clubs around Europe that will have him on a list of targets. Most of which will be able to comfortably offer him more in wages than we can. 

Archived