IGNORED

Are We Looking Abroad Again?

Port Said Red

LJ admitting that we are looking for cover for Famara, yet no real rumours of a striker, this makes me wonder whether we are looking in markets where the rumour mill operates less readily.

I know the Djiony experience would worry some, but we did ok a couple of times before that, and I also think there will be less pressure on a player coming in due honour current form. Djiony walked into a team in a downward spiral.

I think any striker we get at this point of the season will be a massive gamble. They will either not be playing or not performing. Diony was not performing. Bobby Reid, Wickham and Bonatini not really playing. Chances are we will bring in someone low on confidence. Granted abroad means they need to settle in a new country on top of that. 

Point is, the odds are against anyone coming in and performing at a high level straight away. If we bring someone in think us as a fanbase need to be patient. Diony got that one touch where if he gets it right he is 1 on 1 but instead got caught under his feet and he stumbled. Fans never got over that and think players can sense things like that. I know their poor egos but again was already low on confidence and needed a bit of love. Imo

I just think it`s a case of we`re so much better at keeping things out of the public eye these days. I`m fully expecting a `boom` moment at sometime in the next two weeks just like we had with Kalas, KP, DaSilva, Taylor, Pato and several others in recent seasons.

When was the last time the media rumour mill actually got one right for us? Possibly Josh Brownhill and Adam Webster but that`s about it. Even re-signing Nathan Baker came out of the blue to most of us.

I wonder if we have a bit of a name among agents as a club that will blow a deal out if potential target`s name gets out there.

15 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Well LJ is off to Leipzig for 2 days apparently for a coaching experience or maybe something else???

Yes, maybe a striker from Germany. French, Austrian, Finnish or whatever, If they are fit and good to play it dont matter what coyntry they from. Norwich striker is from Finland and he scores a lot. Portugese player in Wolves when they were Champions last season. My feeling is that LJ gonna look at some forwards. Why should he go to Germany middle in the season?

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

LJ admitting that we are looking for cover for Famara, yet no real rumours of a striker, this makes me wonder whether we are looking in markets where the rumour mill operates less readily.

I know the Djiony experience would worry some, but we did ok a couple of times before that, and I also think there will be less pressure on a player coming in due honour current form. Djiony walked into a team in a downward spiral.

Think we can all all the Djiony experience left as wondering. Rumours were he was Mustard!!

Archived